Possible to respool a car window regulator?

LordJezo

oops.

PXL_20231009_171310011.jpg
PXL_20231009_171320719.jpg
PXL_20231009_171323157.jpg

So I replaced the front motor and it took a few minutes, nice and easy. Took motor off, screwed new motor on, and everything works. I went to do the same with the rear motor since that window has also been broken for months. Took old motor off and when I went to put new motor on the regulator unwound itself, springs shot into the door frame, and the white gear popped out.

I have all the pieces now and just cannot figure out if its possible to wind it back up.

From the looks of it all the top wire goes into the back side of the gear and the lower wire which ends in a ball joint kind of thing goes in the front. Thing is I don't know how to spin it up or wind it so it can work again.

Is it possible to fix this or do I need to get a whole new regulator and figure out now how to get that put on the window? The current one is still attached and supporting the window, so I put it all back together with the power disconnected. I have the new motor bolted on but no power just to keep the window up.

Can I spool this thing back together? I dont think they are supposed to explode like this.

Back