2016~2021 Possible CX-9 Lowering Spring Option?

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
I've been toying with the idea of swapping in a set of 2nd gen CX-5 springs but couldn't find a good set for a good price to try.

Things I've considered...
1) CX-9s are roughly 600lb heavier than CX-5s so theorically 150lb/corner heavier which should squat a fair amount.

2) Strut towers, strut bearings, spring seats are all interchangeable between CX-9 & CX-5 meaning springs should be "plug n play".

Things I would like to know if someone can help...

1) spring length compressed and uncompressed

2) spring rates

Hope this will spark interest for someone who can make this a reality.

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2011 MX5 GT
I suspect the rear of the CX-9 will be much heavier than the CX-5. The weight distribution is probably +100lbs per corner in the front, and +200lbs per corner in the rear.

Corksport has the CX-5 springs for $250. More than I want to spend to “test” but if someone has an extra $250 I will gladly try them and let you know how it goes.

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
Putting extra weight on lowering springs will likely slam the car. But hopefully someone with cx-5 will get them and part the OEM out 😁

I’d want to know as well. There are coilovers available but at about $2k, I’ll just keep it stock. That’s more money than I care to spend just to lower it. I contacted corksport about it and they said they’d need more interest in CX-9 lowering springs. They told me to submit a product idea. You can do it on their web page to also show them more interest in the idea. Hopefully corksport comes out with lowering springs for the CX-9 crew.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I’d want to know as well. There are coilovers available but at about $2k, I’ll just keep it stock. That’s more money than I care to spend just to lower it. I contacted corksport about it and they said they’d need more interest in CX-9 lowering springs. They told me to submit a product idea. You can do it on their web page to also show them more interest in the idea. Hopefully corksport comes out with lowering springs for the CX-9 crew.

I did the same thing (submitted product ideas) a couple of years ago. I think the demand is just too low. Any CX-5 owners want to sell their OEM springs? Lol

I think we might have another option for lowering springs. Has anyone heard of Coil Spring Specialties? They basically make custom springs and I inquired about a set. You can request anything from how low you’d want to drop or how high you’d want to raise. You can even request for the stiffness or softness. I just requested for a quote on a set that would give me a 2” drop and 25% stiffer than stock. I’ll post back when I get a response.

Here’s a link to their website if you want to check them out.

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
I think we might have another option for lowering springs. Has anyone heard of Coil Spring Specialties? They basically make custom springs and I inquired about a set. You can request anything from how low you’d want to drop or how high you’d want to raise. You can even request for the stiffness or softness. I just requested for a quote on a set that would give me a 2” drop and 25% stiffer than stock.
FYI, any spring shop can do this (if they want to).