PLEASE HELP White or Metro Gray?

340CID

I'm partial to gray.... Problem with white is that it's pretty damn hard to get a reflection off it. You could polish and wax it till the cows come home and you're not going to get the same reflection as off a darker color. If you are likely to lose interest in the car in a year or two, get white since it will hide scratches and less attention to detail then a darker color like gray.

Last edited:
I've got white, but just remember that paint chips show up on it plain as day. I've had my car for 3 weeks and I've already got 3 chips in the hood, bumper and left front fender that are pissing me off. I had planned to get a clear bra installed, but haven't had the time and in 3 weeks of ownership, I'm obviously too late (getting one put on anyway in a few weeks). Needless to say, I'm paraniod about rock chips now.

YES I know their is a similar thread to this one, but I really need help guys. I am purchasing a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 tomorrow and I cannot decide whether I want the metro gray or white. I am been thinking about it all week and I can't decide, one day I like the white better the next I like the gray. As a matter of fact I liked the gray better yesterday so I put a deposit on it to hold it. Then a buddy of mine tells me he likes the white because it brings the cars lines out more, so today I am leaning more towards the white.

Which color would you choose? Why? Advantages/Disadvantages?

Thanks Alot!

White because white pwns all

EDIT: Oh and gray doesn't stand out at all. No offense to anyone but grey is in my mind the official color of the civic other than that blue they have

Definitely white for me. I would've bought a white instead of the Cosmic Blue if it were available.

Reason? I just like the clean look. *^_^*

I chose white, and I'm very happy with it. It has a bit of pearl in it that makes it look interesting when light is shining on it, so it isn't "white white". Between this shade of white and grey I'd go white just because it's a bit more unique than the gray offered.

Have you seen the Metro Gray in person? At first for me it was between red and white with gray being a distant last. Then I saw those three colors in person, and Metro Gray is beautiful. It basically ended up being 1a) Red and 1b) Gray. That's how nice it is. CWP is fine, but the gray is better.

*EDIT* I changed my screenname to SLOMS3

I ended up buying the CWP and I will be picking it up this Monday, I cant wait! Also, I ordered the Cobb SRI three days ago LOL!

BTW I ended up buying the clear bra for $700 which will be installed on Monday before I pick it up, pics will be up soon!

Clear bras are too expensive...

No $hit. I'm about to do it to my car, but I'm wondering if it comes with a jar of Vasoline for $700. I mean you can get your windows tinted for less than $200, but because it protects the front end of the car, you pay more than 3x more. I guess the alternative is to either not drive the car at all or get the front end repainted in a year or two, which would probably be more than $700.

As an owner of a white ms3 with a clear bra I can say it is very expensive and its more to maintain. I still get chips above the bra and somehow I got chips on the rear driver side door..
Not to say I wouldn't do it again I'm just anal about the appearance and I cant imagine how bad it would look without the bra.
I'm bias towards white so you can guess what color I'd say.

Back