Placement of Compustar remote start Antenna

Apollothedog

2019 CX-5 GTR
Those of you that had a remote start installed, where was the antenna located? Just had the Compustar 2 way installed and the antenna was placed on the upper drivers side windshield. For some reason I had hoped that it would be in a less noticeable area, possibly totally out of sight.

Those of you that had a remote start installed, where was the antenna located? Just had the Compustar 2 way installed and the antenna was placed on the upper drivers side windshield. For some reason I had hoped that it would be in a less noticeable area, possibly totally out of sight.
That's exactly where they put mine. Bugged me a bit at first but now I don't even notice it. I THINK that they put it there to maximize distance that the remote can work.

The installer put mine on the upper windshield (right beside the base of the rear view mirror), on the passenger's side, so it's not visible from the driver's seat.

I have the Fortin and there is no antenna. It works by detecting the regular remote button (lock 3 times).

As I write this I realise this post is useless for the thread. But I'll post it anyway :)

That's exactly where they put mine. Bugged me a bit at first but now I don't even notice it. I THINK that they put it there to maximize distance that the remote can work.

Yeah, its bugging me as well, I'll get used to it I guess. Just didn't expect it.

I have the Fortin and there is no antenna. It works by detecting the regular remote button (lock 3 times).

As I write this I realize this post is useless for the thread. But I'll post it anyway :)
Just out of curiosity, does your horn still honk the second and third time you press the button or was that disabled? The Compustar I had installed could be set to work that way but I just went with two of the little cheap remotes. Considering I use my remote start at 3:30am, I can't exactly have the horn honking. Even in the garage it's still too loud.

As I write this I realise this post is useless for the thread. But I'll post it anyway :)

I can use either my regular remote, lock, unlock, lock or the two remotes that came with the starter. I guess if I told the installer not to bother with using the Compustar remotes then would I have needed the antennae? Not happy with the aftermarket look.

Just out of curiosity, does your horn still honk the second and third time you press the button or was that disabled?

Yes it does and I don't like it. It's how my wife said she'd prefer it before I installed. However, I'll be re-programming it to the lock/unlock/lock soon. The problem is both of us tend to lock the car a couple of times to verify the lock with the horn sound, and have ended up accidentally starting the car a number of times. Doh!

I can use either my regular remote, lock, unlock, lock or the two remotes that came with the starter. I guess if I told the installer not to bother with using the Compustar remotes then would I have needed the antennae? Not happy with the aftermarket look.

I would assume you'd be correct. The antenna would only be for the Compustar remotes.

New here doing research on the cx-5 but wanted to share my experience of a Compustar system.

I had one for 11 years now on my Impreza, the good thing about their remotes is that they have extremely long range. Sure the antenna doesn't look the best but it does work well.

The other nice thing is that you can confirm easily if the car has started with the 2 way remotes. When it is -30c outside it's good to know that the car is started, especially since I can't see the car to visually confirm it is started.

Wife has a civic with a factory remote start and it is quite annoying when you think it has started but it doesn't

mine is hidden away from view, i believe the installer either tucked it underneath the headliner or along the driverside footwell. Works very well and it's very clean without any antenna showing.

Here is a pic of the antenna. There has to be a better spot.
59FE07A4-0BD1-4112-8971-3EC4AFF2CBAC.jpeg

I installed a fortin remote start, with a 2-way long range remote using a single button fob. I hid the antenna just above the dead pedal where your left foot rests.
I have had no issues with range in crowded parking lots, and keeps everything hidden.

I just installed mine (model: CSX4905S-KIT, Compustar - 2-Way CSX Remote Start System/LTE Module) at BestBuy after long waiting (2 months) on my 2019 GT. The remote signal is amazing. I am in Dronemobile trial period and I like to control and see status through my phone. So, I may get 5 years basic subscription for ($179, 2.99/month). Anyone who uses Dronemobile app, which plan are you subscribing? I know that having GPS features is nice to have, but can't justify another $2.99 (179 vs 360). I asked BestBuy installer to place the antenna to the top corner on the passenger side and he was able to get it installed fine. I paid $318 total.

Just had the Compustar 2 way installed and the antenna was placed on the upper drivers side windshield. For some reason I had hoped that it would be in a less noticeable area, possibly totally out of sight.
That's where my last two were installed. You forget it's there after a bit.

The extra aerial antennas are only needed for bi-directional fobs. They’re not needed for OEM fobs.

On other vehicles I have had (ford, namely) the aerial was run along side the interior trim panels and hung in the rear cargo side window. I suppose you can extend the compustar one, but you’ll probably get used to it.

Mine is on the passenger side of the rearview mirror. hardly notice it at all. It is beside the eyesight box or whatever its called :)

Where in the headliner? Do you see it bulging out?

On the driver side of the eye sight box, pull the liner down, Push the antenna in and
You’ll see no bulge. Enough room in front of the sunroof to not cause any issues

Back