Pics of Double Din Mazda5 Avic-D3 Install

Moral of the story, always use burned CDs in the car, and leave the originals safe at home in the cases.

yeah I always wanted to burn all my CD's into MP3 format to minimize how many discs I needed to store in my car, but I never got the motivation to start the project.

mazdadude said:
OK now you have gone and done it, giving me more ideas!(gun)

A "MAZDA 5" printed on some vinyl-cling material would work nicely!

hehe, yea. I'm just nitpicky and details such as an empty screen would bug me till no end. I'd rather see a less hen perfect attempt to at least visually fill that space then to see it blank.

jandree22 said:
yeah I always wanted to burn all my CD's into MP3 format to minimize how many discs I needed to store in my car, but I never got the motivation to start the project.

What? Man I have 6 CDs in my car and those are the only ones I haven't ripped. (you burn to disk, rip to your computer) I have a 20gb iPod and it's maxed so I will have to upgrade to a bigger one soon. No more jewel cases, scratches, moving in and out, loading, ejecting, etc. iPod, playlists and a wired connection with CDs ripped at VBR 320 or higher will be plenty good enough. MP3s downloaded from the net you have to comprise and deal with 192kbp if you're lucky, 128kbp if you aren't. Get to rippin' because at least you'll have a hard copy if the CD scratches. I rip mine (when I buy them) on my mac, leave there to listen to while I work, then use my iPod in the car.

For some reason, my home PC (a 3-4 year old Dell Laptop, recently reimaged) has been creating errors when burning to CD, and my work PC (brand spankin new Dell PC) has been creating errors when ripping. I use Windows Media Player v11 for both rip/burn. Mix this frustration with my SIRIUS subscription, and you can probably see why this project hasn't been high on my to-do list :)

I don't like Media Player 11... It has some problems with my MP3 files... I like MP10 better... and I did a roll back...

kid red, me too :D

I've been collecting parts as of late to do a CarMac install in my 5, I think you guys will like what I've got for an additional display.

I finally broke down and bought the auxmod original version as I can't wait any longer to get things hooked up, but I really did want to be able to write to the car radio display like they advertise for the auxmod advanced one and use the steering wheel controls.

Does anybody know if those pins that are carried out on the auxmod basic carry any of that data? Or if it's something they only brought out on the advanced unit...

Pretty cool looking device. I don't really know that much about these kinds of units. How many discs can it hold? Do you worry about it being out there in the open for all to see?

X10James said:
kid red, me too :D

I've been collecting parts as of late to do a CarMac install in my 5, I think you guys will like what I've got for an additional display.

I finally broke down and bought the auxmod original version as I can't wait any longer to get things hooked up, but I really did want to be able to write to the car radio display like they advertise for the auxmod advanced one and use the steering wheel controls.

Does anybody know if those pins that are carried out on the auxmod basic carry any of that data? Or if it's something they only brought out on the advanced unit...

:)

A carmac install, do tell! Sounds sweet. Didn't Apple make an auto version of OSX for BWM, or VW or something a while back?

How many connections did you find in the ISO connectors? I'm considering this in my 5 too, and as far as i can see from the manual the unit needs the following connections that should be present in the ISO connector:
* Ignition Power
* Constant Power
* Ground
* Dimmer
* Speakers

So the only connections that need to be established manually should be these:
Handbrake signal
Reverse signal
Speed signal - which i understand is Plug-n-play with a molex connector in the back of the instrument cluster?

Please tell me if i'm right or wrong.

pivert said:
How many connections did you find in the ISO connectors? I'm considering this in my 5 too, and as far as i can see from the manual the unit needs the following connections that should be present in the ISO connector:
* Ignition Power
* Constant Power
* Ground
* Dimmer
* Speakers

So the only connections that need to be established manually should be these:
Handbrake signal
Reverse signal
Speed signal - which i understand is Plug-n-play with a molex connector in the back of the instrument cluster?

Please tell me if i'm right or wrong.

(In my best Ed McMahon voice...) " You sir are correct!"

OK! So that just makes it ridiculously easy to do an install - splicing into only TWO wires? Ok, there's also the GPS antenna and such, but i thought it would be more complicated... This does it - i'm in for a double DIN nav system... You wouldn't happen to have any install pics?

Where did you buy your SWI-PS? I'm from denmark and don't know anything about what dealers are good in the US. How much was it?

pivert said:
Where did you buy your SWI-PS? I'm from denmark and don't know anything about what dealers are good in the US. How much was it?

I got mine from ebay, about $45 shipped.

king57721 said:
I don't like Media Player 11... It has some problems with my MP3 files... I like MP10 better... and I did a roll back...

Same here. The cooler interface wasn't worth the hassle and lack of ease of use.

And the SWI-PS was an easy install? And it works as intended? I will pick up my car at the dealer next thursday, and have an AVIC-HD3BT installed ASAP. Just need to order the SWI-PS before booking time for the install. The HD3BT is the european name for the Z1.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the connection on the back of the instrument cluster that you connect the speed signal to? I just ordered the SWI-PS and the Pioneer unit today.

Back