Piasini Engineering Info..

I gotta say, that looks like a very safe torque curve:

155 lb-ft @ 2500 rpms
165 lb-ft @ 2750 rpms
210 lb-ft @ 3000 rpms
245 lb-ft @ 3500 rpms
315 lb-ft @ 4450 rpms

I'ld love to see that kinda stuff reproduced with AP or Standback.

heres mine, its on a mustang, max torque was pushed out to 4k or so.

my dynojet readouts are in my sig....roughly the same shaped curve

Attachments

• 0005_001.jpg
    0005_001.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 181
heres mine, its on a mustang, max torque was pushed out to 4k or so.

my dynojet readouts are in my sig....roughly the same shaped curve

Akuma is a good tuner thats for sure, I have seen some of his work. Just curious how much did you spend on your tune alone? not including the AP? I wonder if we had a Piasini guy, and a Akuma guy both tune together....what would happen! :D

(humpleg)

Akuma is a good tuner thats for sure, I have seen some of his work. Just curious how much did you spend on your tune alone? not including the AP? I wonder if we had a Piasini guy, and a Akuma guy both tune together....what would happen! :D

(humpleg)

500, but i get cheaper reflashes as i plunge deeper into this moneypit i call a car. o yea im tuned for 18psi, just didnt have enough resistance to hit it on the dynojet. maybe im cresting 300, but who knows. i know brian put down 290 on akumas mustang and it came out to 355 on a dynojet, then he put down 305 on akumas mustang and hit 380 on a dynojet as well.

Akuma's dyno is a real heartbreaker. stock ms3s have trouble getting over 200.

Last edited:
500, but i get cheaper reflashes as i plunge deeper into this moneypit i call a car. o yea im tuned for 18psi, just didnt have enough resistance to hit it on the dynojet. maybe im cresting 300, but who knows. i know brian put down 290 on akumas mustang and it came out to 355 on a dynojet, then he put down 305 on akumas mustang and hit 380 on a dynojet as well.

Akuma's dyno is a real heartbreaker. stock ms3s have trouble getting over 200.

Dynojets are easy to gain hp, no real resistance. The dynopack is a nice middle between the mustang and the dynojet.

Either way back on topic...

You said you knew a Piasini MS3 the went ZoomZoomBoom, do you have said persons username or something. I would definately like to have a chat with him.

Dynojets are easy to gain hp, no real resistance. The dynopack is a nice middle between the mustang and the dynojet.

Either way back on topic...

You said you knew a Piasini MS3 the went ZoomZoomBoom, do you have said persons username or something. I would definately like to have a chat with him.

myms3

and i believe the order of hp goes:

highest
dynapak
dynojet
dyno dynamics
mustang
lowest

dynapack is good because its the most consistant, mustang gives the most accurate "real world" hp. either way a dyno is just a tool to see hp gains, not bragging rights. unless your a ricer (ricer)

Last edited:
Yeah the roller dynos are sometimes tricky to tune on. I love our dynapacks because I can just set the car at one rpm and load and try different things without having to run thru the whole pull.

BTW, as a general rule, the dynapack will be about 15% less than a speced dynojet, and 8-10% less than a mustang

no arguing, just discussing

it is impossible to compare numbers from one dyno to another. variables com into play not only with the car, but how the dyno has been calibrated. I know Akumas has to be one of the lowest dynos out there, and the disparity only increases with power.

akuma/dynojet

249/286
291/355
305/380
(owners sti)
540/670
(a recently tuned gtr)
612/785

Dyno is a dyno, the only thing is dont compare between different dynos and as well, like in my case dyno on the same dyno, make the change, dyno again. I mean that way you can see a difference as everything was the same other then the flash. Keep as any variables constant, the more reliable the data I suppose.

You are very correct! Can't tell you how many times I have told customers that very thing! It is not the numbers you get, its the delta between before and after that counts!

agreed! also area under the curve. i could care less if you make 1000whp at 1 point, and crap everywhere else, give me 350whp from 3-7k and ill be happy (for now)

EDIT: yes starscream you are correct, its good for before/afters for THAT DAY only. go there when its cooler/hotter and your numbers will be different. its only a tool to measure changes in power in a before/after scenario

Last edited:
Hey jmac, yesterday I installed the Corksport TBE I bought from you ... and both sound and gains are pretty damn amazing!! thanks again!

However, in the higher RPM ranges (over 4k) and when I give it 70%-100% throttle, the engine is cuts off for a second and I get a small backfire which gives me an annoying jerk forward (as if I stepped on the brakes). Seems like I might be overboosting a little bit maybe? Or fuel cut? Not sure, since I don't have an AP or Dashhawk. I have a boost guage but it's been on the fritz and only works like 1/5 of the time... so I'll have to check how high I'm spiking.

I was wondering, could the Piasani tune help circumvent this boost limit or maybe limit boost to be on the safe side? Obviously I want the Piasani tune for the performance and driveability of more torque throughout the whole RPM range, but I want it to be as conservative and safe as possible.

Will upgraded fuel pump help? Or is it not needed for the mods I have?

Your hitting boost/load cut. The throttle plate is slamming shut to save the engine. I highly recommend you get a dashhawk to monitor your engine. Any tuning solution will alleviate this problem. As for the fuel pump, you need to see what your stock pump is doing before you waste money on an upgrade you may not need.

meh I feel like if I get a dashhawk I wouldn't know what 99% of the variables mean/should be at/are low/are high etc

ex. I dont know what KR should be at. Or AFR or O2 or AIT or HIJK or LMNOP.

meh I feel like if I get a dashhawk I wouldn't know what 99% of the variables mean/should be at/are low/are high etc

ex. I dont know what KR should be at. Or AFR or O2 or AIT or HIJK or LMNOP.

lol its a quick read: major items:

AFR - Air Fuel Ratio - under part throttle it should be 14.7ish or lower, when engine braking it will go up to 30ish on the DH. going WOT(wide open throttle - pedal to the floor) it should drop into the 11's, anything higher than 12 and it could be unsafe

KR - Knock Retard - when the engine experiences an explosion in a cylinder not originating at the spark plug tip it will knock(sounds like a ping if its bad enough) The engine will pull timing (spark later in the stroke) to prevent it from happening. This is bad, you want 0 all the time, especially going WOT. below 1.0 is acceptable. This can happen from a number of things: bad gas, hot cylinder temps (from cruising for a while), heatsoak (sitting in traffic, the air entering the engine gets wicked hot) etc

Boost - obvious

DISI Pressure - Fuel pressure from the CDFP - anything less than 1500 at WOT is bad and you can run the risk of running lean

STFT - Short term fuel trims. the O2 sensor in the exhaust will "sniff" and determine if you are running too rich/lean and make fueling adjustments (example: runnning rich -1.5% means its pulling 1.5% of the fuel it the tables in the ecu are telling it) this will fluxuate all the time as it is instantaneous.

LTFT - Long term fuel trims. If a STFT correction happens repeatedly the ecu says "ok from now on, automatically pull/add X amount when this condition happens" This will reset the STFT to 0, and it will retrim from that.

LTFTs and STFTs are critical because the computer will use these values to determine fuel amounts when going WOT (open loop) verses cruising (closed loop)

Open Loop - Ecu says "**** you epa fags, I dont give a s*** about the environment. same goes for you sensors (most of them) I want maximum power, give it to me now"
Closed Loop - Ecu says "ok epa ***'s, ill keep emissions and fuel economy to a maximum" and reads from all the sensors.

Basic intro, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Here are some before and after logs after getting my ECU reflash by jmac (Piasini)

BEFORE: (2nd gear then 3rd gear WOT)
log1.jpg

log2.jpg

log3.jpg

log4.jpg

wastegate.gif

afr3.gif

afr2.gif

AFTER: (2nd to 4th gear at WOT)

posttune3.gif

posttune.gif

posttune2.gif