PG Reworked VS BNR.

I have the PTP internals on mine, An no issues at all with them, Make sure you do th breaking properly,, The stock pump like any pump will not show to many signs of wear, When it goes you go lean an BYE.. it's a known fact the stock pumps fail,. I'm sure there are threads on here but they are all over the place on the other forum and all the members Swear by changing the factor pump as one the first upgrades you should do.. You and me especially needed the pump swapped as we went to reworked route.. Just look at the KDM or PTP internals and have NO worries,, BTW the KDM will be for the VW'( GTI's) But we both use the same pump..

No problem man :)

Your stock pump may perform great now, but when you get it into a tuning situation, the tuner WILL hit a wall if you go in with your stock pump. Doesn't mean you can't get a great tune with the stock pump, but if you upgrade the tuner will be able to get more out of your car if he doesn't have to worry about fuel.

Thanks fellas! I appreciate your input! Will look now into internal upgrade!
Looks like 'other forum' is better to get information about more-than-bpv-and-intake tuning? I am only scared of it because it has damned black background and it is hard for me to read it :)

Hey anm6! About reworked...

11.18 Ken got my money and confirmed turbo went for rebuild with the estimation of 2 weeks: "perfect thanks. two weeks, i am going to try and have it done before thanks giving"
12.04 Ken said: "You should have your turbo in about two weeks or less sir" (that time I thought of he already finished it and sent to me)
12.08 Ken said: "The turbo has not shipped quite yet"
12.09 Ken said: "On the turbo - just waiting to hear from my machine shop"
12.17 Ken said: "The Turbo was finished and shipped back to me from the machine shop today"

Last message from him at 12.21:

No, I do not feel my service is incorrect as you call it. What progress would you like, same as last time where I told you your Turbo was o its way back to me? Or where I said I would update you when it arrived and shipped from me, to you. The distance between machine shop and I is vast.
On Dec 20, 2010 11:54 PM, "Evgueny Zhidkov" <jackis@inbox.ru> wrote:
> Hi Ken!
> Last month I charged you by 620+550 for turbo and some engine stuff. These are def not a penny anyhow. I assume some order progress feedback is a must, also because last year I already charged you more than 2K$. I don't like the way I am getting 1 word per week from you. Don't you find your customer service a little bit incorrect?
> Have a good night,
> Eugene.

Again, I believe it is a great turbo. But I don't like the way when smbd says - okey, you will get in in 2 weeks, and then, in 17 days, well, I have a great service, what do you want from me?

I am not complaining, just want to know, how long have you been waiting for your turbo to be rebuilt?

Man sorry to hear you are having issues with getting it shipped. Does he have it back from the machine shop yet??? Funny when I spoke to him he had one's aready to go?

Thanks man, I appreciate it... But no, no news yet. He said he'd update me when it arrives to him from machine shop (it was sent to him last friday). So far - no updates.
Actually that was every time with Ken - may be, he has bad experience with USPS (cause we have no other ability of overseas shipping to Russia), but concerning manifold and fmic pipings I bought - it was a long-long waiting before it has been shipped... Damn ))

I believe Ken has no such a problems with UPS/Fedex/whatever shipping inside US, but may be I just have no luck? Or he just doesn't like russians? :)

Yesterday it was shipped at last, now waiting and looks like I will install it by late january...

You can't even imagine how I am dreaming about having it installed...
It came to russia on Jan 12 and today left from moscow to my city.. I expect to have it near me only by the end of the next week. Then the install, then pro-tune only when snow melts :(

I'm interested to see the results... I've kinda adopted the same idea as Brian over at BNR that our stock K04 is a throw away unit and shouldn't even bother reworking or rebuilding it, but that said I haven't even ever seen a reworked one in person or after a tune to know just how it holds up.

It's finally here :)
Received it on a weekend... Our local post is a nightmare :(
Packed really nice, no problem at all! Shall install it shortly, I hope
Some photos... (jerkit)
SAM_0991.JPG
SAM_0986.JPG
SAM_0983.JPG
SAM_0989.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0984.JPG
    SAM_0984.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 150
Great to see you finally got it. They must clean them up nice and good over at PG. It was certainly not that clean when I shipped it out! (cool)

Casey, thank you sir! Was very kind of you to mess up with shipping to Ken! I don't know much person who'd do that for an unknown overseas man from former enemy country :) Really appreciate your help and feel free to address me if you need something from here, ha-ha :)

anm6, yeah, I already started to search for a place to perform swapping, it is -10 here and I can't do that just on my backyard, I am not Jeti yet :)
Will share impressions here also!

Hey! Some updates...
Asked Ken to attach images to his site, so now you can see Caseys former turbo there :)
Well, tomorrow I am going to take a car to dealerstation, they change VVT actuator and chain, also will replace the turbo for me. Gotta pay for this, but just can't make it myself, we have -20 here for about a fortnight already...
Will get the car back on friday, hope to write here some good impressions notes :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back