PCM pinout (VSS/RPM)

AZ-CX9

:
'08 CX-9 GT AWD White
I am trying to locate the pins on the PCM or perhaps BCM for the VSS (vehicle Speed Sensor) and the RPM/PPM for engine speed in order to wire up a HUD with speed and tach (Defi VSD-X). I have the service manual and the wiring diagram but as luck would have it those two pins are not specifically defined. No luck with getting help direct from Mazda or dealer so far...

I will post when I find out but hoped someone here might know or have a better resource then I...

Cheers

On edit: Update. So as it turns out (not unexpected) the '08 , which I have, is significantly different from the '07 (my manuals are for '07 doh!) and my local service center (very helpfull BTW) says I will just have to wait till the '08 manuals are in and they promised to help at that time...sigh.

Mods? Can you add a question mark to title please? Sorry

Last edited:
A HUD..that's cool.. Have you heard of ScanGuard? They make a plug in that connects to the OBDII port.. they have custom vehicle-specific screens that will let you set up whatever as long as the vehicle reports it.

Craig

I think you mean ScanGauge ( http://www.scanguage.com ). We have one in both of our Mazdas, and think they are a great little gadget. But they don't have vehicle specific screens; not sure what that would mean, actually. All screens look the same no matter what vehicle, it's just that you have a choice of data fields that you want to display. More info on their website.

Great gadget, love mine!

BTW, the blue backlight matches the GT's blue instrument rim lighting pretty well.

Sorry to bump. Still no progress on getting this info. Any signs of the 2008 shop manuals anyone?

Back