Patriotic to support president no matter what? or.

which is patriotic?

• to back your president no matter what?

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • to voice what you believe regardless of president\'s opinion?

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters

sleeper_

is it patriotic to support your president no matter what? or is it patriotic to believe what you believe and voice your opinions against those of the president's?

oops, i meant this in the context of this "pending" war on iraq

Last edited:
I think you should support him, unless it's something so bizarre...but if you're reffering to if we should go to war or not I say HELL YEAH!!!

I would be willing to bet my last dollar that he is better informed of all the goings on over there than the general public is....

sure you may have feelings about war and it not being the BEST solution....but.....there are times when only a show of force will work......for there are many people in this world that only understand getting their asses kicked.

Agreed. If we are going into this conflict, I think that it is very important for the USA to pull together and back our President, and our Troops serving abroad and at home.
Talk will only get you so far, as we have seen over the past twelve years and four months. The time for talking is over. The time for Action has just begun.

yes, of course he will be better informed than any of the public, BUT then that also makes his responsibility, as the decision maker, to the public who voted him in that he EXPLAINS and CONVINCES those very people, right?

sleeper_: President Bush, and Saddam have both conviced me. Saddam broke article 1441, the French, Russians and Germans do not want anything to do about it, so we must.

Ahh one of these questions.

Well here lets throw some more into there.

Is it Patriotic to now vote? Or is it Un-Patriotic to not vote?

------------------

btw I think it is Patriotic to do either in the case of supporting your president. You can voice your opinion all you want both for and againts. In fact do so! Its one of the rights of this country.

However when it comes down to it, even if you voiced opinion doesnt change anything then atleast support the troops. You may not agree with the war, nor may some of the soliders. But they are out there everyday regardless of personal opinions to protect your voice. Dont slander them.

nmaino: my point is that there seems to be an awful amount of opposition to his decision, that's all; therefore, he hasn't fulfilled that part of his responsibility, simply put.

sleeper_: you cannont please all the people all the time. Sometimes you just have to go your way, regardless of what the minority thinks.

and.. not to mention all the "overwhelming" evidence that has been riddled full of holes? LMAO what a joke.
overwhelming my ass..
more like, "Hussein is a bad guy, trust us" whhatever.

seriously? WHAT IS THE OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE? (overwhelming propaganda? *laugh*) besides Saddam not cooperating over the past 10 yrs.. not to say he isn't a bad guy, but it's his country and he wants to control it as he wants to, no surprise that he isn't cooperating.

not to mention the use of other resolutions as excuses which don't apply to israel but only to iraq? not to say israel and iraq are on the same plane morally. Sorry to say, Israel is the country harshly occupying palestine, not vice versa; therefore, does it not irk anyone that they are allowed to continue such action?

anyways, i'm going astray again. WHAT SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE IS THERE????????

sleeper_ said:
yes, of course he will be better informed than any of the public, BUT then that also makes his responsibility, as the decision maker, to the public who voted him in that he EXPLAINS and CONVINCES those very people, right?

Absolutely not!
He was elected to do what he thinks is right. that is what he is doing.
He was not elected to listen to the US publics at the moments popular opinion, that would make him a puppet. Instead he is a representitive of the people. To which he acts as he knows best and we voted him in becuase we trusted his decisions.

GET THE CORRECT INFORMATION PEOPLE, NOT THE FRIGGIN DISINFORMATION SPREAD BY THE US GOV'T.

talk about the use of shoddy evidence to make their case. oh yeah.

the man who piloted the first plane that hit the WTC was said to have met iraqi agents in prague?
former CIA agent was hired to try to prove this, but no shred of evidence to prove this allegation.

the 'intelligence' dossier that Colin Powell goes to the UN and says, "the fine paper that the UK distributed yesterday" was not an intelligence dossier at ALL. much of it was plagiarised from the work of a 29yr old grad student from california.

the satellite photos of a chemical munitions plant presented to show that they were secretly moving illicit materials to avoid UN weapons inspectors (vehicles, tents, etc were gone in two dif photos taken weeks apart) only for the head un inspector to say that the pictures could just as easily represent a routine activity.

how about the unmanned aerial vehicles that supposedly can "deliver biological agents to its neigbors..." according to Powell only for people to find out it's essentially a model airplane "held together with duct tape" according to one journalist.

and how about the US gov't pulling the nuclear card on the US citizens, lmao, what a joke. "Iraq sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" according to what was found to be FORGED documents.

how about the aluminum tubes claimed according to the US gov't that they are suited only for nuclear weapons production only for the International Atomic Energy Agency to conclude that they did not believe the US's conclusion (ie, they're reaching). <--- FLAWED TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

it's so obvious what the US gov't is trying to do. sigh.. yes everyone, FALL for the propaganda.
bbbaaaaahhh <--- sound of sheep.

1st MP3 in NH,
obviously you miss my point. my point isn't that he is to listen to the public IN THE MOMENT, but nevertheless, HE IS RESPONSIBLE to the people in terms of presenting CONVINCING evidence which he clearly hasn't done so.

sleeper_ said:

not to mention the use of other resolutions as excuses which don't apply to israel but only to iraq? not to say israel and iraq are on the same plane morally. Sorry to say, Israel is the country harshly occupying palestine, not vice versa; therefore, does it not irk anyone that they are allowed to continue such action?

anyways, i'm going astray again. WHAT SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE IS THERE????????

Palestines ass belongs to Isreal. There is no such thing a Palestine as there dumb asses got bitched slapped by Isreal when they attacked Isreal. Isreal then tried to allow the palestinains into a democratic government and they got increasingly bombed for it so now they don't take any palestinain BS. Palestine Sucide bombs them, they ruthlessly seek out those that did it and kill the bastard. You would do no different if your familiy was killed my a s*** head at a bus stop becuase they didn't like democracy. Also Palestine was not there before isreal was, the Ottaman Empire was. Not to mention palestine keeps a glorified terrorsit as there head of state. Arafat has admitted he can not allow a peice or he will be killed for it by the palestinians.

In sort Palestinians and there suporters Bitching about land that doesn't belong to them can suck my ass and get blown up by Isreal!

Isreal, Ass kickin Jews!

sleeper_ said:
1st MP3 in NH,
obviously you miss my point. my point isn't that he is to listen to the public IN THE MOMENT, but nevertheless, HE IS RESPONSIBLE to the people in terms of presenting CONVINCING evidence which he clearly hasn't done so.

I understood fully and I disagreed, he ows us no explination, that what he ows congress or they impeach his ass.
But if we don't like him he doesn't get another 4 years.
He in know way has to convince theUS public to his cuase although he will unless he doesn't want to be relected.
he did take an oath to keep our safety as his number one priority and he must act to that end as he sees best rather we agree or not.

nmaino: you are referencing UN resolutions that Iraq has broken, suggesting you think the what the UN thinks is important and binding. Yet you seem to be supporting this invasion, which goes directly against the UN. So which is it? The UN has authority, but only when we agree with them?

As far as supporting the president: if you believe what the goverment is doing is immoral, unjust or bad for America, then you not only have right but the _obligation_ to speak up. See Bill of Rights, First Amendment as reference. When you vote someone into office, you don't have to sit idly by why they do whatever the hell they want, whether it is good for the country or not.

sleeper_ said:
GET THE CORRECT INFORMATION PEOPLE, NOT THE FRIGGIN DISINFORMATION SPREAD BY THE US GOV'T.

talk about the use of shoddy evidence to make their case. oh yeah.

the man who piloted the first plane that hit the WTC was said to have met iraqi agents in prague?
former CIA agent was hired to try to prove this, but no shred of evidence to prove this allegation.

the 'intelligence' dossier that Colin Powell goes to the UN and says, "the fine paper that the UK distributed yesterday" was not an intelligence dossier at ALL. much of it was plagiarised from the work of a 29yr old grad student from california.

the satellite photos of a chemical munitions plant presented to show that they were secretly moving illicit materials to avoid UN weapons inspectors (vehicles, tents, etc were gone in two dif photos taken weeks apart) only for the head un inspector to say that the pictures could just as easily represent a routine activity.

how about the unmanned aerial vehicles that supposedly can "deliver biological agents to its neigbors..." according to Powell only for people to find out it's essentially a model airplane "held together with duct tape" according to one journalist.

and how about the US gov't pulling the nuclear card on the US citizens, lmao, what a joke. "Iraq sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" according to what was found to be FORGED documents.

how about the aluminum tubes claimed according to the US gov't that they are suited only for nuclear weapons production only for the International Atomic Energy Agency to conclude that they did not believe the US's conclusion (ie, they're reaching). <--- FLAWED TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

it's so obvious what the US gov't is trying to do. sigh.. yes everyone, FALL for the propaganda.
bbbaaaaahhh <--- sound of sheep.

There is an entire world watching all this aswell why is it not everywhere. you are referenceing jurnalist then you excep the report of some but not other since damn near none report any of this.

Just to let you know you sound like a loony, head case, conspiracy theorist. Not insulting just letting you know. If Iraq was totaly innocent and posed no danger to us then why are we there. If say oil you are very wrong and yes I can back that up with hard numbers.
But as I am a man of my word, if I am wrong and the US intends to take control of Iraq for oil, if more then 3 months after the war is over if the US holds control over the wells production numbers, price and who it is shipped to, not it security, I will send you $100 USD. I am not F-ing around here I will seriousl send you $100.

JunkPunch said:
nmaino: you are referencing UN resolutions that Iraq has broken, suggesting you think the what the UN thinks is important and binding. Yet you seem to be supporting this invasion, which goes directly against the UN. So which is it? The UN has authority, but only when we agree with them?

As far as supporting the president: if you believe what the goverment is doing is immoral, unjust or bad for America, then you not only have right but the _obligation_ to speak up. See Bill of Rights, First Amendment as reference. When you vote someone into office, you don't have to sit idly by why they do whatever the hell they want, whether it is good for the country or not.

The Un is in place to in effect attemp to stabalize the world. If they issue commands and do absolutely nothing to back them up then there purpose is already null and void. We are doing the UNs work for them as usual since the majority of its member coutries are complete Pussies. Example when they came crying for us to save Kosavo after they allowed full scale genocide to begin and continue for over a year.
We took out Malosavich now we will F-up Saddam as that is what America does.

An interesting thing that many against me don't realize is a large majority of those sharing my opinion would like to see us decrees are concerns oversees to stop being dragged into this crap.

conspiracy theorist?
i NEVER disagreed Saddam Hussein was a bad man, lmao.
but, i'm simply saying the EXCUSES or REASONS the US have given are clearly riddled full of holes, sorry.
conspiracy theorist? perhaps only to a brainwashed fanaticist.
i've simply taken the evidence from the media.

you say WHY isn't it EVERYWHERE? LMAO you gotta be kidding me: biased media --> brainwash *cough* propaganda *cough* bombardment *cough* brainwash
-the former cia agent was on 60 minutes.
-as for the plagiarised dossier, look it up
-UAV, simple, look at it for yourself
-forged documents re iraq's attempts at buying uranium from africa, oh wow, from cnn itself
-re the aluminum tubing: i'm reporting fact about the IAA's finding, not fiction

it's plain as day. :rolls eyes:
sorry to say, by accusing me of being a "conspiracy theorist" as you say only makes yourself out to be exactly what i said about people believing the shoddy overwhelming evidence, sheep, simply believing what they want to believe and turn a blind eye to the truth.

ps. i never said anything about oil.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back