Parking Lot Post:1, Wife in MS3:0

Rainman

:
2006 Black Mica MS6 GT + 2007 MS3 (2003.5 Yellow MSP = retired)
Seems that MS3s are NOT able to withstand backing into columns in a parking garage after all. I know that most of you were waiting to see whether this was indeed the case. I decided to take the onus on myself and send my wife out to test the truth of this theory.

My wife had left earlier today to go work out at the Y. When she came home this afternoon my oldest son, who knows how ANAL I am when it comes to my cars, comes upstairs and makes some joke about someone outside messing with our cars. I look outside and see nothing so I don't worry about it even though he has this odd grin on his face. I figure that he is just trying to get me to stop what I'm doing so that I'll play video games with him downstairs. A little while later I stop studying and head downstairs. Then my wife notifies me that the kids were just trying to cover for her because she did in fact back into a post in the parking garage at the Y. BUT, she doesn't want me to freak out cause she is going to take care of it......yeah right, this I gotta see.

Anyway, I didn't take too long looking at it as it was getting dark (didn't take any pics yet either), but I think that there is a few small scratches through the paint on the rear passenger side bumper behind the rear wheel. Also, the rear right corner reflector (I didn't check to see whether this was just a reflector or a light, but I didn't see a wiring harness in the hole) on the passenger side is out and MIA. I don't think that the sheet metal is scratched or dented. This is likely to cost at least $400 to deal with repainting the bumper as well as the cost of the reflector.

After looking at the car, I came back in the house and she is anxious to tell me her explanation. Hey, I am happy that she is safe and that nothing else happened, but.......AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH!

Now that I have that off my chest I feel better.

R
(bang)

Last edited:
Heck i had my MS3 for 15 days. i fly back from a business trip and my wifes says nothing about the car. I throw my bags in the hatch and noticed we got our new license plates. then i progrss to see the plate is all mangled. Then i see the perfect impression of a license plate in the rear bumper.

I first was calm and ask what happened and if she was ok. then i walked off cussing up a storm. had a cigarette and got in the car.

the next day i use the wifes SUV to pick up my SVO motor from the shop, so she drives the MS3 to her work (wally mart) i drop off the engine go back to pick up the MS3 and see a huge dent in the front driver fender. A shopping cart smack the crap out of it. NOW i was really pissed. Walmart is no longer responblie fro shopping carts and well i didn't see any near the car. i called a buddy and he worked out 90% of the dent on the fender. i have told the wife MANY times not to park in the front parking lot, But she ca't listen. shes wants people to see her getting out of my car.

Oh well the car is broke in NOW!.

oh by the way i was quoted 669.00 for a new bumper skin paint and labor.

Gotta love wives . Sorry to hear about your luck, trust me mine hasn't been ANY better

I told my fiancee that I HATE walmart and will VERY rarely take my MS3 there. I told her the first time it gets hit by ANYTHING (shopping cart, someones door, etc) I will never take it back. When I had my STi it got door dinged 2-3 times and I was pretty ******* pissed each time.. so I try to avoid walmart like the plague. For some reason to me.. most of the shoppers at walmart don't give a flying **** what they do to someone elses ride. No respect at all. Thats why I usually shop at other places cause for some reason those places attract a bit more respectful clientele.

i cant believe you guys let your women drive your car. in the past 3 years my wife has drove my car once. thats because i drank to much and she had to drive me home.

you let your wife out of the house? how long is her chain? I bought a 50ft chain that is long enough to mow the lawn but short enough so that she can just barely take the trash out.

Karma_hunden said:
you let your wife out of the house? how long is her chain? I bought a 50ft chain that is long enough to mow the lawn but short enough so that she can just barely take the trash out.

wow thats wrong....but hilarious (rofl)

hilarious now, but not till recently. i had to mow the lawn myself cuz all i had was a 20ft rope.

Thank you Home Depot!

haha. yea my girl friend has gotten used to the fact that unless there is a spot that i can park AGIANST a curb i will park all the way in back. and if some smart ass decides to park next to me, i will wait for him and b**** him out for being a ******* queer

lol i do that too, like i park next to the columns/walls of parking garages as close as possible so that the idiot that parks next to me cant hit me unless he parks on part of my spot...may God have mercy on his soul if he does. Same with curves.

GhostMercury said:
haha. yea my girl friend has gotten used to the fact that unless there is a spot that i can park AGIANST a curb i will park all the way in back. and if some smart ass decides to park next to me, i will wait for him and b**** him out for being a ******* queer

spazchicken used to have stickers that say "Learn how to park JACKASS" I dont know if he still sells them, but i still have a few in my car :)

I never park near people in my cars which pisses my wife off because she hates to walk, but I'm skinny, healthy and my cars still have their resale value.

Doesn't your wife have an MS6? Whats she doing messin with your speed?

Time to get DNA encrypted door locks and retina scanning engine start modules.

Rainman said:
Seems that MS3s are NOT able to withstand backing into columns in a parking garage after all. I know that most of you were waiting to see whether this was indeed the case. I decided to take the onus on myself and send my wife out to test the truth of this theory.

My wife had left earlier today to go work out at the Y. When she came home this afternoon my oldest son, who knows how ANAL I am when it comes to my cars, comes upstairs and makes some joke about someone outside messing with our cars. I look outside and see nothing so I don't worry about it even though he has this odd grin on his face. I figure that he is just trying to get me to stop what I'm doing so that I'll play video games with him downstairs. A little while later I stop studying and head downstairs. Then my wife notifies me that the kids were just trying to cover for her because she did in fact back into a post in the parking garage at the Y. BUT, she doesn't want me to freak out cause she is going to take care of it......yeah right, this I gotta see.

Anyway, I didn't take too long looking at it as it was getting dark (didn't take any pics yet either), but I think that there is a few small scratches through the paint on the rear passenger side bumper behind the rear wheel. Also, the rear right corner reflector (I didn't check to see whether this was just a reflector or a light, but I didn't see a wiring harness in the hole) on the passenger side is out and MIA. I don't think that the sheet metal is scratched or dented. This is likely to cost at least $400 to deal with repainting the bumper as well as the cost of the reflector.

After looking at the car, I came back in the house and she is anxious to tell me her explanation. Hey, I am happy that she is safe and that nothing else happened, but.......AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH!

Now that I have that off my chest I feel better.

R
(bang)
The funny thing about this(none of its really funny) is that I just had my front end reparied(new bumper cover, foglight assembly, washer resevoir and horn) because I slid into a freakn tree while leaving the YMCA'S parking lot.(pow)

Update: I looked at the damage again today in the light after work. Unfortunately, I noticed that the skin is dented underneath the passenger brake light with the paint scraped in a few places to the metal. It MIGHT be poppable, but it will definitely need some prep and paint on the rear quarter panel. The bumper doesn't look so bad now...LOL!

After I looked at it I told her calmy and civily that now we are talking at least $1500.00 in repairs. She said that I should just shoot her now....I didn't really need her to give me any suggestions. I'll just have more ammo to limit her shopping now.

I'll give you more info when the estimate comes back.

R

Donas64 said:
Doesn't your wife have an MS6? Whats she doing messin with your speed?

Time to get DNA encrypted door locks and retina scanning engine start modules.

Nope. Other way around. She didn't like the clutch in the MS6 so I drive that and she drives the MS3.

R

ReFlex said:
Rule number 1, women can't play with daddies toys
not all women are bad drivers.. some, infact, drive better than guys (drive2)

Here's what a delivery van did to my P5. The average for the estimates was about $1500. But this was going to be through insurance so it's artificially elevated. You can't really see it in the photo, but the rear quarter panel has been pushed in about a 1/4 inch or so.

p1000273gz9.jpg

the tortoise said:
Here's what a delivery van did to my P5. The average for the estimates was about $1500. But this was going to be through insurance so it's artificially elevated. You can't really see it in the photo, but the rear quarter panel has been pushed in about a 1/4 inch or so.

p1000273gz9.jpg

Our MS3 looks about the same except the brake light is not damaged.

R

Back