painting the headlights....

MoJoeTCM

:
Mazda, MSP Protege
Hey, i know we have had a several post with people painting their head lights, but omg it is amazing how much it makes your car look.....can we say...different? I will post some pics for you guys tomorrow.....

Ok Posted the pics of my nasty ass car and painted headlights enjoy :)

BTW it does not take 5 hours if you know how to take off your front bumper....for the painting portion of it just use a hair blower.....

-underneath the hood, center piece, has two screws and two pop out screws
-3 snap on screws in the wheel well
-2 located on the inside of the bumper once pulling the wheel well back
(screws)
-2 underneath your front right and left bumper (screws)
-2 screws that completely go through your bumper and wheel well lining
(located to the right of the lip screw)
-unhook the fog light connector on the inside of the left bumper
(bumper then comes right off)
-Unbolt the 3 10m bolts on the lights (after pulling the plastic pieces out....i
think they hold the light in place..
-unhook the bulbs from the headlights and then it is ready to bake...

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I was thinking about painting my headlights too. How long did it take and how hard was it to do?

yeh it's not that hard but it's very time consuming. it took me a good 5-6 hours.

i painted mine with high temp flat black. it came out a little darker than stock but for some reason i hardly notice the difference. still looks good though.
question for those have done it already. let's say i wanted to repaint them over again. how would i go about removing the existing layer of spray paint? someone recommended wetsanding to me with 400 grit sandpaper.

yea, i have to redo mine, i freaking chipped a piece of paint while placing them back in, truthfully think that using the high temp paint is a false....I am just going to sand them back down the primer it again.....

window tint is next :) what is not legal but just right on these cars, i don't want it to the point of where you can't see through...just enough to see the figure of the person.....

Back