Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) question (2023 CX-5)

sloniupl

Mazda CX-5 Homura 2,5 NA AWD
I have 2023 CX-5 with Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) and was wondering if it should "turn" the lights left/right when turning the steering wheel?
From my testing it does not move left/right but not sure if it should (seen few yt videos that were showing this function but not sure what headlights those CX-5 had).

I believe what you're looking for is the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) which is a Premium trim feature along with the Signature Lighting.

The adaptive front lighting system (AFS) automatically adjusts the headlight beams to the left or right in conjunction with the operation of the steering wheel after the headlights have been turned on.
The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) function can be switched to operable/inoperable using the personalisation function.

Refer to Personalisation Features.

My interpretation is that features under the umbrella of "safety", like AFH, should be on all models, but I could be wrong, because it says there (Some Models).

Mine has the AFS, i guess. When I steer to the left, the left hand low beam turns slightly to the direction the car intends to go and then comes back. Same thing on the right side. But it's not something really obvious.

Interesting, thanks a lot to all. From what i was able to check i have ALH - Adaptive LED Headlights and don't have AFS but I'll verify that after work in setting when in car.
I'm glad i have ALH, tested it last night and cutting out light zones not to blind other drivers works great and provide a lot of light on the side of the road (safer in my opinion).

We dont get ALH in North America. We only get AFS which only turn left and right the "lens" beam. Thats the old school type.

You get the full Matrix LED "ALH" which dont turn/swivel but separate LEDs turn on or off. Its much better system. Enjoy.

We dont get ALH in North America. We only get AFS which only turn left and right the whole light beam.
You get the full Matrix LED "ALH" which dont turn but separate LEDs turn on or off. Its much better system. Enjoy.
Thanks for the explanation :) now i know the difference.

We dont get ALH in North America. We only get AFS which only turn left and right the "lens" beam. Thats the old school type.

You get the full Matrix LED "ALH" which dont turn/swivel but separate LEDs turn on or off. Its much better system. Enjoy.
Can't wait for them to be enabled in the States.

Back