painting letters

CLAW5056

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
i want to paint the racingheart letters in my rims yellow.
i did this with some wash off paint and like the look of it, so what kins of paint could i use??

... in the little bottle that looks like nail polish, it has a little brush inside also. I would suggest laying each wheel down flat though, that way you won't have paint running down it or uneven letters.

... in the little bottle that looks like nail polish, it has a little brush inside also. I would suggest laying each wheel down flat though, that way you won't have paint running down it or uneven letters.

thank you, i think this is going to be pretty hard

Hard?? jack the car up and pull off each tire. It may take like 2 hours are so total so you can give each wheel time to dry. If you have a good enough jack you can do 2 tires at the same time. If you have jack stands. You can pop them all off at once

Did you take pics of the temp. painting??
I'd like to see how that looked.

ok here ya go, how good are you at painting
If your skills are good free-hand it.
If your skills are less , than tape the letters off mask and cut out.
then you are free to paint as you please!!!!

since ur just doing what the letters, you could probably do what i do when i do valve covers(on the lettering). Take a chap-stick and apply it around the areas that you dont want paint to stick to, and if you get paint on it it'll just wipe off.

since ur just doing what the letters, you could probably do what i do when i do valve covers(on the lettering). Take a chap-stick and apply it around the areas that you dont want paint to stick to, and if you get paint on it it'll just wipe off.

you just blew my mind with that man haha never thought of using my chapstick for painting purposes(cool)

dont use chapstick, its a petrolum based product, paint doesnt stick to anything it touches! no offense but bad idea, just mask it off!

thats what i usually do haha thanks for the heads up but next time i paint my face and i dont want my lips painted im using my chapstick haha

dont use chapstick, its a petrolum based product, paint doesnt stick to anything it touches! no offense but bad idea, just mask it off!

^^Thats the idea!!! paint wont stick to it, so if hes doing the inset letters with a small touchup paint brush and slips up, he'll hit the chapstick hence not getting paint on the wheels

Last edited:
Did you take pics of the temp. painting??
I'd like to see how that looked.

yes i have a pic but its on my sisters phone ill have her send it to me then ill show you guys, the yellow i used of course dont match.

ill be doing this also this winter when the wheels come off and the steelies go back on, gives me time to clean them really good and polish the finish and do the lettering

ill be doing this also this winter when the wheels come off and the steelies go back on, gives me time to clean them really good and polish the finish and do the lettering

it just went through my head to paint the letters lol
i think its a pretty good idea.
plus id like to get rid of the mazda logo on the wheel, any ideas of how to do this?
i dont want to just take them off

it just went through my head to paint the letters lol
i think its a pretty good idea.
plus id like to get rid of the mazda logo on the wheel, any ideas of how to do this?
i dont want to just take them off

i also think its a great idea, i cant wait to do mine, its gunna be sick
as for my centercaps i had one broken so i removed the center pieces from all of them and inserted circular pieces of polycarbonate that i had cut to fit and painted them black, i also had my wheels and centercap rings powdercoated black

i also think its a great idea, i cant wait to do mine, its gunna be sick
as for my centercaps i had one broken so i removed the center pieces from all of them and inserted circular pieces of polycarbonate that i had cut to fit and painted them black, i also had my wheels and centercap rings powdercoated black

it would be pretty cool if someone would make something with a design for the center caps

Latest posts

Back