2021 CX-9 Screen Icons?

RonK

2021 CX-9 GT
Cannot find what these are in lower right of 10-inch screen. Nothing in the manuals either. In fact, there is NO alphabetical category for the letter "N". So how do they reference something simple like Navigation?

20231028_131548[4328].jpg

First one is your cellphone battery level, second one cellphone reception level, third one i don’t know.

They are information from your phone when it is connected.

Last edited:
Cellphone wasn't even on. Besides, wouldn't the signal strength be at maximum rather than 2 out of 5 bars if the cell phone is in the vehicle with you? Why are these displayed on a NAV screen? And where in the manual does it tell you this? Thanks for response.

It is the status of your cellphone cellular reception, not its connection with the car. This is the cellphone reception to the tower. Look at your phone next time and compare the cellular reception bar. They should be the same.

I have the older generation system (mine is a 2018) and the same symbols show up on the main screen and the navigation screen (top right corner). This is just a nice to have to see how your phone battery level and cellular reception are.

This is a feature of the bluetooth connection. If you turn off bluetooth on your phone they likely won’t show up

IMG_0031.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg

The first icon from the right indicates the signal strength of the Connected Service between your Mazda car and its mothership.

Last edited:
Yep, not the Bose AudioPilot as you mentioned earlier in your deleted post ;)
I'm not really sure what the purpose of this icon really is? Does it matter (to us as the driver/passenger) whether we have that signal or not? Would make more sense on a diagnostic screen when you're trying to figure out errors, but kinda useless otherwise.

The icon indicates the reception strength of the mobile phone network that the car itself maintains contact with. If the reception is very poor or completely absent, you are informed that you will have no contact with the car via the MyMazda app. For example, when the car is left in certain parking spaces.
Whether it is important for this information to be displayed via this icon depends on the driver.

Back