Deep scratch on gloss black bumper

Hi all -

I have a 2022 turbo cx-5 with the gloss black painted exterior siding. Someone scratched the gloss black part of the bumper today. The scratch is pretty deep and about an inch in length. I was thinking about getting a touch up paint to fix it but I'm not sure the best color or paint code for the gloss black.

Anyone happen to know the paint code or closest matching touchup paint color?
(or any suggestions on a cheap fix for the scratch?)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3939.jpeg
    IMG_3939.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 85
I don't think that's painted. Are you sure?
Maybe it’s not. The scratch seems to be raised so maybe it’s just plastic? I honestly have no clue.

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar situation where they got a scratch on the bumper like mine.

Is it the same type of material/paint as the center console?
Hard to tell from the picture.

Maybe it’s not. The scratch seems to be raised so maybe it’s just plastic? I honestly have no clue.

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar situation where they got a scratch on the bumper like mine.
i have a much bigger scratch. Couldnt find easy way to fix it. No paint pen for the piano black shiny surface. I buffed it a bit with polishing compound and and the put wax on top thats it.
just live with it :)

It might be possible to get it wrapped with the stuff they use on the front bumper/hood for ding protection, might obscure the scratch if it's black enough.

Another option is body shop.

I'm amazed Mazda is using that gloss piano black on the bumper. That just seems silly. (To keep it nice looking)

yeah but its "lux"-ish :) Keeps all the folks who cant afford bmw or audi thinking they got a luxury car. I cant stand it but the Turbo comes with it :(

It might be possible to get it wrapped with the stuff they use on the front bumper/hood for ding protection, might obscure the scratch if it's black enough.

Another option is body shop.
I'm amazed Mazda is using that gloss piano black on the bumper. That just seems silly. (To keep it nice looking)
yeah but its "lux"-ish :) Keeps all the folks who cant afford bmw or audi thinking they got a luxury car. I cant stand it but the Turbo comes with it :(
I prefer it to the standard matte pieces, and the plus that comes with it is that it can be wrapped if needed. You can't apply vinyl to the textured plastic on the other trims.

If the strip really is not painted perhaps you can find some way to fill the damage and level it. Than you can use PlastiDip to cover the strip.

Hi all -

I have a 2022 turbo cx-5 with the gloss black painted exterior siding. Someone scratched the gloss black part of the bumper today. The scratch is pretty deep and about an inch in length. I was thinking about getting a touch up paint to fix it but I'm not sure the best color or paint code for the gloss black.

Anyone happen to know the paint code or closest matching touchup paint color?
(or any suggestions on a cheap fix for the scratch?)

Thanks!

That scratch looks pretty deep, with raised edges. From what the photos show, I somehow doubt it'll nicely get corrected.

A quickie scan for parts pricing for the front-door trim piece on a 22 Turbo Signature shows ~$40 for the piece. Might be the best option, if you truly want to not see a defect at that spot.

Back