Paddle Shifter Option (Kenstyle)

Yeah - I got hold of the front parking sensors thru a friend in AU. THey have it. I would love it in the car.

I have had paddle shift on another car. I found that the times I want to shift manually were when I was driving in a fun way on twisty back roads. For this type of driving, the stearing wheel is always in the wrong place and moving. I probably used it 5 times in 10 years. It is probably very handy for straight line racing.

My previous car had paddles and I used them on a daily basis. Not for racing, but accelerating when merging on to the highway, and mostly for decelerating. Of course you will fully enjoy these when you get on some twisty back roads, but it's the daily usability that was the reason to bother with the paddles retrofit.

Has anyone heard from the guy doing the Group buy on the parts? I tried emailing him over the weekend to ask a few questions about estimated shipping and payment methods and have not heard back from him.

I have had paddle shift on another car. I found that the times I want to shift manually were when I was driving in a fun way on twisty back roads. For this type of driving, the stearing wheel is always in the wrong place and moving. I probably used it 5 times in 10 years. It is probably very handy for straight line racing.
Were the paddle locations in that car static or dynamic? Paddles in my CX5 move with the wheel, so unless the wheel is rotated inverted, my hands are (almost) always next to the paddles.

My 2016 CX5 has paddle shifters:

PaddleShifters.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Farenheit, they look very nice!

How was the installation? How's the fit and finish and material quality? How's the feel compared to the stock paddles? Does it bother you that they block your view of the wiper and indicator stalks?

They certainly look like they're good quality, and the design works well with the CX-5 GT steering wheel.

Also, I just noticed you got a new steering wheel. Which one did you order and how does it feel?

How was the installation? How's the fit and finish and material quality? How's the feel compared to the stock paddles? Does it bother you that they block your view of the wiper and indicator stalks?

Installation takes about half hour. Read/study the installation instruction carefully. Kit comes with a metal pin dowel tool. It is used to remove the hinge pins on the stock shift paddles. There's a sliding contact plate inside the shift switch assembly which you will have to re-align during assembly. Paddles are die-cast aluminum, powdered coated silver with clear coat finish.
Fitment is comparable to stock paddles. Feedback during shifts feels solid/heavy. Plastic paddles feels light/hollow. It doesn't really bother me that these paddles are blocking views of wiper and indicator stalks as I rarely glance at them.
25765342710_b58a94f04e_o.jpg

25435656363_28aa6cdec5_o.jpg

25945642932_57932e0051_o.jpg

25971795851_4808fe72ed_o.jpg

Also, I just noticed you got a new steering wheel. Which one did you order and how does it feel?

I had this for about a year. SW is Kenstyle all black leather. Better grip than the stock steering wheel.
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/39361

Back