P2187 followed by P0401?

dwhite468

:
Mazda, Speed3, 2006
Hi
I recently had a P2187 (System lean to idle bank 1) cell on my Mazda Speed3 (2006). After some research I changed the purge solenoid valve which seems to clear the fault. About a week later the check engine light came on again this time with a P0401 (EGR flow insufficient). The second light came on just as my fuel light came on, could this be linked? I have seen a number of threads suggesting that the P0410 can be fixed by removing and cleaning the EGR valve and tube. I have also seen people suggesting it could be either the valve position sensor of the temperature sensor?

Does anyone know of a way to check this before I put the valve apart?

Also is there a link between the P2187 fault and the P0401 or is it just bad luck?

Cheers

David

P2187 is a fackn ecu ghost I tells ya!!!!! Beware the ghost!!!!!!! No one knows it seems...

P0401, bad valve. Try cleaning it before you replace it. And if you work and live close the short trips don't give the engine time to heat up and burn all that s*** so the valve gets poo'd and gummed. Then the thing burns out working too hard cuz o'the poo. Its the crap ford supplied valves known to be an issue on all Mazda's. Went on my old protege and the car ran like crap. Going on my speed3 but new job is a far drive and the light went away for the most part. Cleaning it didn't work for me. Still once they start to go...
(nana)

Last edited:
Back