Over reacting?

I don't feel like the USA is "bleeding me dry", on the contrary, I'm proud of my country and feel extremely fortunate to be able to be a part of it.

I realize there are people who would give anything to be able to call themselves citizens of the USA. I also understand the other half of "rights" which is "responsibilities", that important part of being a citizen that many prefer to overlook in favor of "rights". A country is not an area defined by it's geographical borders, it is defined by the people who live and work there, who call that country their home. People who make it a place worth living.

No, I feel fortunate that I live in a country that has allowed me to produce so much more than I need just to survive. I do not feel like I'm "being bled" for the sake of others who don't like to bleed. I'm proud of what our country has achieved over the last 100 years and want to insure that everyone, even those born into poverty, have the same kind of opportunities I did. It never even crossed my mind that my country was bleeding me dry. On the contrary, the fact that I have paid considerable taxes is a reflection of what a beneficial place it is to live. Countries with lower top tax rates on individuals include Yemen, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Angola, etc. If that kind of system suits you better, you are free to choose to move. These are countries where you probably don't want to live unless you are already a millionaire/billionaire.
Some taxes,, yes. They go toward the common good, roads, museums, public education, etc. Other taxes, the ones which disgust me, go toward limping the useless members of society along as though they were productive. My sweat for their sloth.

Personally though, I can manage things better than the government, and so can the rest of the private sector. Aside from interstate items and the DoD, I really think that taxes are just a waste. We could run things better than the .gov. We used to not have taxes in America...

Last edited:
I don't feel like the USA is "bleeding me dry", [...]

Some taxes,, yes. They go toward [...]

No disrespect guys, but do you want to create a politics thread for discussing these views? They seem to pop up on a lot of threads (that I read) and it gets difficult to distinguish which posts of yours I should pay attention to, as you both also give valuable contributions on the topics...

Are you still hearing the transmission whine>?

It wasn't the transmission, was the HP fuel pump. Different sound than a diesel HP FP. I did some more digging and found a video posted by a member of the whine, my whine is def not nearly as loud and completely different tone. I did drive 2 2016 and compare those two (brand new) to mine as far as corrosion and etc goes. They were exactly the same.

I drove it 250 miles today, half of the time was with the radio off. Nothing as far as whine goes

So are you satisfied with the resolution?

Yes, I was provided with a print out of all the documents that were put in the system (service record) in case I ever had any trouble during the 100k warranty.

My dick head of a salesman was let go, found out when I got there Friday at noon. Owner words "his bedside manners did not fit with us...well they just flat out sucked...but he was good"

Main thing that sent me over the top was how the salesman handle things and didn't disclose any information about the car..Morally and ethically I would.

My fault but I assumed everything was good and ok (and it was) based on the fact Mazda ok it for a 100k warranty. Important lesson learn.

My dick head of a salesman was let go, found out when I got there Friday at noon. Owner words "his bedside manners did not fit with us...well they just flat out sucked...but he was good"
Glad at least you're getting a satisfactory resolution in your case. Funny thing is when I saw this paragraph, which reminds me that a finance guy at a Honda dealer who lied to us on certain unnecessary fees and tricked us to sign the paper. After we found out and talked to the general manager, the document was re-signed without the unnecessary fees, and was told the guy was fired due to his dishonesty. Several weeks later I still saw the finance guy working for the dealer, just sitting in a different office! ;)

Yes, I was provided with a print out of all the documents that were put in the system (service record) in case I ever had any trouble during the 100k warranty.

Main thing that sent me over the top was how the salesman handle things and didn't disclose any information about the car..Morally and ethically I would.

My fault but I assumed everything was good and ok (and it was) based on the fact Mazda ok it for a 100k warranty. Important lesson learn.
Now you know what happens to people who ASS-U-ME

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

I have noticed that the brake disk on my new 2016 CX-5 (got it July 2015) show unusual rust. It caught my attention because my previous car was a 2005 Toyota RAV4 and I never saw this. I'll try to post some pics later from my desktop.

baee1fd295918463b0b6770e5e2388fa.jpg

a787843fa443e14b26693aaf907ddcfd.jpg

I have noticed that the brake disk on my new 2016 CX-5 (got it July 2015) show unusual rust. It caught my attention because my previous car was a 2005 Toyota RAV4 and I never saw this. I'll try to post some pics later from my desktop.

That's always been normal with all of my cars after a rainstorm or a car wash. It's just surface rust and will come off after you drive and apply the brakes a couple times.

Go drive and this weekend wash your car and let the rotors dry on their own. Come back in 24 hours and it will be the same.

Glad at least you're getting a satisfactory resolution in your case. Funny thing is when I saw this paragraph, which reminds me that a finance guy at a Honda dealer who lied to us on certain unnecessary fees and tricked us to sign the paper. After we found out and talked to the general manager, the document was re-signed without the unnecessary fees, and was told the guy was fired due to his dishonesty. Several weeks later I still saw the finance guy working for the dealer, just sitting in a different office! ;)

Oh he's gone. Unless salesman take 4 days off in a row..LOL

Almost all stock rotors are made of cast iron and quickly rust with water. You probably had wheel/wheel coverings that screened you from this on other cars.

Almost all stock rotors are made of cast iron and quickly rust with water. You probably had wheel/wheel coverings that screened you from this on other cars.
Must have been something I did not know I had. But that car cost me half of what this car vast me and did not have that ugly aspect.

Happens on every car I have ever owned... glad the CX-5's brake pad cleans the entire rotor. I've had cars where the edge is left rusty as pad doesn't goto the edge.

Back