Our new CX5

:
2017 CX5 GT AWD Premium
After weeks of new car shopping, we picked up a 2017 CX5 GT Premium last weekend. We test drove a CRV (both of us disliked it - felt too much like a minivan and I disliked the CVT), Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 (too much plastic on the interior and too cramped), and the Forester XT (I loved it, even the CVT was responsive, but my wife couldn't get comfortable in the drivers seat). In spite of her discomfort of the seat, we almost pulled the trigger on the XT - had the deal worked out and ready to roll when the we decided to go drive the CX5. The power didn't compare to the XT, but everything else was a a huge step above. Coming from a 2013 BMW X5 Diesel and a 2016 Audi SQ5, the CX5 had a similar German feel to it. Looking forward to contributing to the forum!

back.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I, too, feel the new CX5 to be German like. Had a new BMW X3 rental for a week earlier this year and I can say our cx5 is very comparable in all aspects, especially the handling.

Thanks for the welcome! Fixed the pic link I think!

I did a full paint correction the day after we picked her up. Hopefully these pics come through! No after pics yet - will post them when I shoot them.

foam.jpg

clay.jpg

dside.jpg

I just got the same this week too cept a 2018. The New Honda CRV's are hideous especially from the rear.

Last edited:
I just got the same this week too cept a 2018. The New Honda CRV's are hideous especially from the rear.

Congrats! Yea, we really wanted to like the CRV but besides the interior spaciousness, it didn't tick any of our boxes.

I'm doing the full detail on my Machine Gray GS tomorrow! Clay bar, polish the whole kabang. Dealership didn't do a great job unfortunately.

Last edited:
I had to lemon law a new '15 CRV - what a POS it was. That CVT transmission was a joke - wouldn't engage in reverse and occasionally wouldn't even move in drive. Honda dealers refused to even look at it. Never again...

I'm doing the full detail on my Machine Gray GS tomorrow! Clay bar, polish the whole kabang. Dealership didn't do a great job unfortunately.

I'm with you. Ours only had 5 miles on it and I told the dealer not to wash it before we picked it up. The paint actually wasn't too bad but it still had a few swirls and flaws. Have fun cleaning your baby up!

I had to lemon law a new '15 CRV - what a POS it was. That CVT transmission was a joke - wouldn't engage in reverse and occasionally wouldn't even move in drive. Honda dealers refused to even look at it. Never again...

Wow, that sucks. Couldn't imagine having to go through that on a new vehicle.

On another note, 2015-16 CR-V's have a vibration issue that Honda has never been able to completely fix.
The problem went away with the new for 2017 1.5L engine.
Do not buy a used 2015 or 2016 CR-V.
http://www.hondaproblems.com/trends/crv-vibration/

Last edited:
Back