Mazda CX-5…Our last resort?

I am sure they meant the cars are not part of active recall. as any dealer is required to perform/fix and close the recall if they get a used car with active one.
Or the original owners (if not living in a cave) would have reveived the letter and fixed it in the past.

per your advice looking at ’16 &’17
i must be suggestable.
Yesterday the 2018 had a good ride and comfortable seats
Today after reading the posts the 2017 was bumpy and the seats seemed hard

i know this is an unreliable comparison cause models were different years but this is why the process makes my head hurt

I am sure they meant the cars are not part of active recall. as any dealer is required to perform/fix and close the recall if they get a used car with active one.
Or the original owners (if not living in a cave) would have reveived the letter and fixed it in the past.
Read the question again:

Q I asked the dealers if the 2018s on their lots had been part of a recall. They “checked” and said no. I wonder if their answers can be trusted?

per your advice looking at ’16 &’17
i must be suggestable.
Yesterday the 2018 had a good ride and comfortable seats
Today after reading the posts the 2017 was bumpy and the seats seemed hard

i know this is an unreliable comparison cause models were different years but this is why the process makes my head hurt
Yes buying a good used car is time consuming and sometimes you need some luck. That’s why I’d rather to save some money and get a brand new car even a cheaper one is fine with me.

The easiest way to distinguish 2016.5 and 2016 CX-5 is to look the manufacture date label on the driver side door jamb. 2016 CX-5 was assemblied between 12/2015 ~ 1/2016, and 2016.5 CX-5 was assembled between 2/2016 ~ 1/2017.

If you see the leather seats on 2016 ~ 2017 CX-5, it’s the top trim GT. If you see the cloth seats it’s the lowest trim Sport or 2016 / 2016.5 mid-trim Touring. 2017 mid-trim Touring has leatherette / vinyl seats.

Good luck on car hunting ⋯。

Yes buying a good used car is time consuming and sometimes you need some luck. That’s why I’d rather to save some money and get a brand new car even a cheaper one is fine with me.

The easiest way to distinguish 2016.5 and 2016 CX-5 is to look the manufacture date label on the driver side door jamb. 2016 CX-5 was assemblied between 12/2015 ~ 1/2016, and 2016.5 CX-5 was assembled between 2/2016 ~ 1/2017.

If you see the leather seats on 2016 ~ 2017 CX-5, it’s the top trim GT. If you see the cloth seats it’s the lowest trim Sport or 2016 / 2016.5 mid-trim Touring. 2017 mid-trim Touring has leatherette / vinyl seats.

Good luck on car hunting ⋯。
Thanks so much. A moment of levity if I may: How do you folks know so much about cars? You must study manuals, magazines and blogs the way I study garden books and horticulture. Do you all wander around car shows and showrooms the way I do plant nurseries?

I hate the all black interiors. Biut my hands clothes and shoes are usually dirty and flats and shrubs get thrown in the car where they fit. They spill. My advocation does not go well with “parchment “ leather interiors. but I would not endanger a soul red or blue metallic exterior. If I could find one among all the sober black hearses.

Thanks so much. A moment of levity if I may: How do you folks know so much about cars? You must study manuals, magazines and blogs the way I study garden books and horticulture. Do you all wander around car shows and showrooms the way I do plant nurseries?

Some are more experienced than others with certain issues. Others do a lot of research into specific aspects or issues, so even if they don't have any actual experience, they can relay what they've read about or seen from other sources. The main focus of the forum experience is sharing information, so even if you come here knowing next to nothing about Mazda, chances are good that you will learn a ton just by doing forum searches on topics you're interested in, or by asking the right questions.

NEXT QUESTION
Now that I’m looking at MYs 16 &17
There are more cars with multiple owners including leased & corporate cars.l. Also more accidents.The ‘16 I drove yesterday had 57,000 and 3 drivers.
What’s an accident? A broken side mirror or rear end collision?

Back