Other OEM short antennas known to fit P5

Monstermile

:
Yes I have one
Just from skimming some older threads I found that the Audi TT antenna will fit the P5 base. Are there any other specific makes/models that have short antennas that are known for sure to fit?? I have a friend who owns a huge salvage yard and I think I'm gonna do a little shopping but would like to know what to look for.

Thanks

Monstermile said:
I tohught I read that the S2000 was different.

It will fit. However, the base of the antenna is wider than the mounting base. I think I still have one. If you want it, it's yours.

Regarding the audi tt antenna, I believe the threads have to be modified to fit. And to the best of my knowledge, you can only get them (the modified antennas) on ebay. Or, contact user "protege5". I believe he and the ebay seller are the same. But, I'm not positive.

Padanky said:
I have the S2000 one, post pick later!
fb3386f9.jpg

fb3386ef.jpg

Ok so far we have...

VW Jetta and Golf (years??)
Nissan 350Z
Saturn L200
02 Civic Si
Honda Element

All of the above fit and look like they belong??

Honda S2000 (antenna is a little bigger diameter where it meets the base)
Audi TT (with thread modification)

Thanks for the input everyone. Keep 'em coming if you have any others to add.

how bout the justinb, or daveb. I just picked up DaveB's new one, at least im pretty sure thats who makes them. Its kickass, it has Protege5 engraved on it. lemme snap some shots real quick.

here ya go, sorry for the bad pics, the garage was dark and i couldnt get the camera to focus good. You get the idea though.

dsc00532.jpg

dsc00533.jpg

dsc00534.jpg

EXA4DRIVER said:
P5's use the same Fuba stem as the Golf and Jetta.

Are the Golf/Jetta antenna pretty short?? Can't say as I ever paid much attention to them. Sounds like they might be the best bet.

BTW looks good MikeBlueP5. Just don't think it's for me. And you gots da evil post count (666) :D

Monstermile said:
Are the Golf/Jetta antenna pretty short?? Can't say as I ever paid much attention to them. Sounds like they might be the best bet.

BTW looks good MikeBlueP5. Just don't think it's for me. And you gots da evil post count (666) :D

nope, golf and jetta stems are the same length as ours. go with the s2000 one. $26.00 @ the dealer.

they dont fit the mp3 unless you can modify the base to a p5 base, which would be a cool thing. I was looking at that on babygirls car this past weekend at the meet. They have those long ass floppy metal antennae, and it would be cool to have a shorty one like the p5. I dont know what all would be involved in swapping the bases though. something a sedan owner should check out.

Back