Onto my Mazda 2.0

skylar2ups

:
2011 Mazda3 iSport
Hey guys, (and gals)
I haven't been on the forum in awhile but I just traded in my Galaxy Grey Mica 2007 Mazda3 iTouring for a Gunmetal Blue Mica 2011 Mazda3 iSport and I love it I was very happy with my first generation Mazda3 but the engine died and I had put 100k miles on it since I bought it brand new so it was time for an upgrade.
I do have a few questions, and I do plan on reading through the forum, but if your kind enough to answer these that would be awesome.
1) No key fob or keyless entry, the dealership quoted $400 and a few hours is there a "BETTER" option?
2) I noticed the 2011 still has the old style key and fob can it support the new all in one key fob with retractable key?
3) Has anyone added cruise control after the fact?
4) What don't I know?

Thanks y'all I'm looking forward to becoming a more involved member of the forums again, now that I have another dose of Zoom-Zoom!

Congrats on the new purchase! Sounds like to me you should have gotten the i-touring model so you didn't have to worry about adding cruise control, keyless entry, etc. As for the keyless entry you could try a "performance shop" to see if they can do a cheaper aftermarket set up. I'm not sure about the cruise control addition.

Yeah I was looking for an iTouring, but they only had either black or silver and I fell in love with the Gunmetal Blue color, plus I got a pretty good deal on the car because it was one of two 2011 models left.
I guess I was way to tired to be typing my original message because it wasn't $400 quote it was only a $200 quote which isn't bad in my book.
I'm also realizing that I don't think I'll actually NEED cruise control and I think I'm going to try a couple months without it and see how it goes.
Off topic I noticed the names of your cars in your "signature" and thought it was funny because I have a pet Hedgehog named Axela.

In case the 150 of you that read this were wondering, yes you can get keyless entry on the iSport model $200 seems to be the price at 3 Mazda dealerships around Orlando.
The all in one key/fob with retractable key is a factory option... I guess... so that means its a no go on anything lower then an iTouring.
The cruise control would be a separate piece coming out of the steering wheel. (No thanks)

I'm sad to see the gen 2 Mazda3 thread is so dead the gen 1 thread was so lively.

Glad you are able to get the keyless entry.

These forums got a little more dead when they split MS3 owners to their own sub forum.

Back