Online Tire Recommendations

mtills

:
Mazda CX9 GT 2010 - Copper Red Mica
Hello all...I am going go grab some Yoko Spec-X tires for my 2010 CX-9 AWD Grand Touring. They are 20"...I was assuming I would be going to tirerack but the prices are higher than treadsource.com or onlinetires.com plus their freight is higher. Treadsource seems to be the cheapest and they shipping is a lot cheaper as well.

Has anyone had any direct experience with these online retailers to grab some tires?

Thanks much for any input.

that is over 800 delviered without mounting and balancing. You live in new york so i would check the locals and maybe get a deal. I paid 800 mounted and balanced it was a cash deal. check around you might get it cheaper.

Did you compare the total "check-out" prices?
So far, tirerack.com seems to be the lowest for me.
Besides, tirerack.com is probably the largest - and a more trusted seller - than others.

Last edited:
I use discounttire.com. Great prices & they will price match. They have stores in UT so i buy online and ship to store.

I have used tirerack in the past twice for tire/wheel packages. I've never bought tires only from them. They have incredible service.(2thumbs)

I've spent quite a few thousand$ with discounttiredirect.com In my experience, they have the absolute lowest prices, and will price match or beat anything you throw at them, delivered price. They also have free shipping. Hands down the best online retailer out there. You can order right from their website, or if you have a price match request, give them a call. I'd ask for Pat if you can, real cool dude. ;)

Local seems good

I've spent quite a few thousand$ with discounttiredirect.com In my experience, they have the absolute lowest prices, and will price match or beat anything you throw at them, delivered price. They also have free shipping. Hands down the best online retailer out there. You can order right from their website, or if you have a price match request, give them a call. I'd ask for Pat if you can, real cool dude. ;)

Hello All. Thanks for all the insight..I did the numbers and it really does make sense to get them locally. Dunn Tire here in Buffalo is around $209 per tire installed with all the guarantees and such that they offer. I can get everything installed for $ 909.00 out the door. If I get them through tire rack it would be $ 821 delivered (which includes the $ 73 shipping). Then I need to find someone to mount and balance, etc which will eat into the $88 savings somewhat. I also think Dunn Tire has a coupon I can use to get some additional cash off so it does seem like a wash and then I do not need to deal with getting the tires to someone to mount, etc.

Some of the other online dealers were slightly cheaper but not by much. The shipping cost seem to add up with the lower cost dealers.

Thanks again for your help...

Mike

It depends on where you are located.
I just had a set of 4 spec-X sent to my house for $808.

Find someone to do the mounting before ordering. Tire Race will drop ship the tires to mos installers.
No need for you to haul them around.

Check tire rack site, they list installers in your area that thet drop shift to.

Hello All...Just a quick note to help others in the event that they run across this decision. Your milage will vary depending on your location but for me Tirerack.com wanted $187 per tire for the Spec-X tires with 72 Freight for shipping to Buffalo. I called around tirerack installers in the area and they all wanted around $100 on the high side for installation. Some offered lifetime rotations and some did not. So the price was about $920 total to get through tirerack. I went to my local Dunn Tire and they wanted $209 per tire for the Spec-X with free installation and lifetime tire rotation, flat repair, etc. Plus they had an online coupon for $ 20 off for 4 tires. So my cost was $901 through Dunn Tire out the door. So it worked out great.

I love the spec-X so far but we have not had any snow here yet in Buffalo.

Thanks again for all your input
Mike

I got mine installed at a local Wheel Works. $11.50 each (mount and balance).
Add the disposal fee, life-time rotation, TPMS sensor kit, etc. extra if you need them.
I did all those, and total came to $92 (w/ CA tax).

Last edited:
Hello All...Just a quick note to help others in the event that they run across this decision. Your milage will vary depending on your location but for me Tirerack.com wanted $187 per tire for the Spec-X tires with 72 Freight for shipping to Buffalo. I called around tirerack installers in the area and they all wanted around $100 on the high side for installation. Some offered lifetime rotations and some did not. So the price was about $920 total to get through tirerack. I went to my local Dunn Tire and they wanted $209 per tire for the Spec-X with free installation and lifetime tire rotation, flat repair, etc. Plus they had an online coupon for $ 20 off for 4 tires. So my cost was $901 through Dunn Tire out the door. So it worked out great.

I love the spec-X so far but we have not had any snow here yet in Buffalo.

Thanks again for all your input
Mike

Quite honestly, I'm not impressed with the Spec-X on my CX-9 IN THE SNOW. I think the weight of the car counter-acts the benefits of the traction they deliver on snow. They were only slightly better than the Bridgestone Duehlers that came on the car when driving on ice or snow..

I put Spec-X on my wife's new CX-7 when she bought it and it handles OK in the snow. The experience I've had with my 9 and the Spec-X (because I hadn't been able to swap on the Blizzaks) has not been great. I just had my Blizzaks swapped on yesterday at NTB and will count on them for our harsh New England weather. But then again, you guys don't get that much snow in Buffalo anyway (lol2)

Last edited:
Let it Snow!

Quite honestly, I'm not impressed with the Spec-X on my CX-9 IN THE SNOW. I think the weight of the car counter-acts the benefits of the traction they deliver on snow. They were only slightly better than the Bridgestone Duehlers that came on the car when driving on ice or snow..

I put Spec-X on my wife's new CX-7 when she bought it and it handles OK in the snow. The experience I've had with my 9 and the Spec-X (because I hadn't been able to swap on the Blizzaks) has not been great. I just had my Blizzaks swapped on yesterday at NTB and will count on them for our harsh New England weather. But then again, you guys don't get that much snow in Buffalo anyway (lol2)

Thank for the feedback...I have to say that over the past 3 weeks we had some nasty snow. It all just melted with the 3 day heat wave we had but I had a chance to drive my 9 in the snow with the Spec-X's on it. Honestly, it blew me away. It handled so well in the snow compared to the stock tires that were on there. It handles well on the ice and snow for me. So I am happy with the purchase for now.

Thanks
Mike

You can't compare Spec-X with any snow tires, but it beats any other all-season on snow by far.

Try onlinetires.com, that's where I get my tires. For me its the affordable site that you can get it too.

Ceric

Question? So if that is the case why are the original duelers 81 dollars more each than the parada spec-x? and just to let you know those paradas so far are not performing as well as my original equipment duelers. Sorry to burst your bubble but i think that you get what you pay for.

Duellers were junk on my 08 from day one. Excessive road noise, imbalance at 1000 miles, terrible wear and flat out awful in light snow.
Spec-X much quieter, smoother ride. Rotated and balanced at 5k, and tech advised very minimal change in balance on 2 of four. Two, no change. Minimal wear, no cupping evident.

Would not consider any Brigstone for any vehicles based the experience with the Duellers.

Ceric

Question? So if that is the case why are the original duelers 81 dollars more each than the parada spec-x? and just to let you know those paradas so far are not performing as well as my original equipment duelers. Sorry to burst your bubble but i think that you get what you pay for.

Kornholio,
Choosing tire is subjective.
Pick whatever you like. tirerack.com reviews are the most objective rating system I know of.

Expensive items are not always better.
Besides, we don't know how much Dueler costs to automakers. There could be a huge discount to them.
Tiremakers could get their money back at replacement times. Simple sales tactics, really.
I am not saying that this is the case here, but this wasn't the first.

Last edited:
Back