On the water...

Sky Blue. Working with Herzog-Meier. Are you going through Royal Moore?

swooshdave, any word on if the ship has come into port? (boom01) Did you happen get the name of the ship? I was thinking it's the Hanjin Madrid but I'm not sure. Not impatient at all....

Just got a call from the dealership that the cargo ship arrived. Now I have to wait another 7 to 10 days for it to make it to the dealership! (wow)

Just got a call from the dealership that the cargo ship arrived. Now I have to wait another 7 to 10 days for it to make it to the dealership! (wow)

Not too bad! That sounds like a couple of days drive.... barely.

But from memory (cut me slack being a non American), Portland isn't that far from Seattle.
Tacoma is near Seattle, WA isn't it. My guess would be that Portland would be the main distribution point for any deliveries in Oregon.

Always wanted to visit Portland actually....

Driven from LA to San Francisco, and from Seattle to Vancouver. Missed Oregon in between.

Begs the question.... Why doesn't the ship stop off at a port somewhere in Oregon?

When delivering in Australia, the ship does a complete circuit (easy given Australia is one massive island).

Ship drops off in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Fremantle (Perth).
That's like looping around the US.

Last edited:
Nope, my dealer has sold out many times already. This one was just sitting there not selling. Dealers don't need to keep one for a demo, they are full of crap.

But from memory (cut me slack being a non American), Portland isn't that far from Seattle.
Tacoma is near Seattle, WA isn't it. My guess would be that Portland would be the main distribution point for any deliveries in Oregon.

Driven from LA to San Francisco, and from Seattle to Vancouver. Missed Oregon in between.

Begs the question.... Why doesn't the ship stop off at a port somewhere in Oregon?

When delivering in Australia, the ship does a complete circuit (easy given Australia is one massive island).

I'm not sure why they don't come into Portland but Seattle is about 3 hours north of Portland. I'm so excited I'd be willing to drive up to Seattle or Tacoma to pick it up!

I ordered mine on April 20th and when I called this week, my red GS was not even assigned a VIN yet. <sigh> The dealer doubts it'll be here before June. Drats!

They bring them into port at Tacoma where there is a company who manages multiple brands. They offload, prep and ship the cars to the PNW. It would be impractical to land at Tacoma or Seattle and then Portland. For one thing it's only about 125 miles by road, and many, many more by sea (Tacoma/Seattle are located in the Puget Sound and Portland is located down the Columbia/Willamette Rivers, both long journeys from the ocean).

Because of the extensive road and rail networks here a signal distribution point in Tacoma can service the entire region with ease.

Just got my VIN today... ordered it on 04-19... found out it's currently at Vancouver port... has to make it all the way East to Montreal on freight train... 0-15 days to go... cannot WAIT! :D

Just checked the Mazda website and my car (VIN number) is now being listed in my dealerships inventory. Just a matter of days now!

YESSSS!!! Got it!

Finally got my GT w/tech package. Love it!

photo.JPG

Congrats. Great picture. The silver looks even better in person doesn't it?

I'm not jealous...

What accessories did you get w it?

We aren't getting the tech pkg, but they are installing the mirror and hitch.

I'm not jealous...

What accessories did you get w it?

We aren't getting the tech pkg, but they are installing the mirror and hitch.

The only thing I got so far was the cargo cover and cargo tray. I ordered the WeatherTech floor matts. I think that's all I'll be doing for now. I think the hitch will be in the near future.

Back