OK, time for my "review" of my new CX-9

jabba

:
2008 MS3, 2008 CX-9
Just got our 2008 CX-9 GT AWD in Galaxy Gray/Black interior 2 days ago, and finally managed to pry my wife out of the driver's seat long enough so that I could sneak away by myself. I wanted to be out only 10 minutes or so, but 40 minutes flew by:

Here goes:
1. Overall: what a kickass car!
2. General ride: I was worried about the 20" wheels, but no more: they absorb bumps and potholes well enough that the car doesn't bounce or float. Some tire noise near 65-75 mph when the pavement is a bit rough.
3. Cornering: very little body lean, I was very surprised. I'm sure the low profile 20" wheels help. I found myself tossing the car into sharper and sharper corners to find the limit (I haven't found it yet, the car is very, very tight!)
4. Acceleration: effortless as compared to the Acadia. I haven't floored it yet (after 600 miles I will), but halfway throttle gets this car moving. Gear shifts are very smooth.

So very happy with the ride, it feels like a sports sedan, which is exactly what we were looking for. Now I just have to go install that damn switching box for the iPod, hopefully I won't damage the trim, else my wife will slay me.

p.s. some have mentioned hitting their heads while getting in. I haven't done so yet, but my wife has done it twice already, which made me laugh and laugh at her (note to self: don't laugh again)

Actually, I do have one gripe: tried to set up bluetooth today, and couldn't hear any voice prompts after pressing the button. I can see it on the screen, and I can hear the driver speaker turn on, but no prompts. I wonder if they used a wrong harness or something when setting up the radio (we have Sirius).

Oh well, a trip to the dealer. The good thing is that if he does have to tear open the radio, maybe I can get him to install the switching box for free!

I think there is a volume setting in the radio options somewhere. I remember reading it in another post.

Actually, I do have one gripe: tried to set up bluetooth today, and couldn't hear any voice prompts after pressing the button. I can see it on the screen, and I can hear the driver speaker turn on, but no prompts. I wonder if they used a wrong harness or something when setting up the radio (we have Sirius).

Oh well, a trip to the dealer. The good thing is that if he does have to tear open the radio, maybe I can get him to install the switching box for free!

I had the same issue the first time I tried to set up the Bluetooth. Turning up the stereo volume solved it.

I turned up the radio volume to max. All I hear, very faintly, is the radio bleeding through. The visual prompts work fine, must be something with the audio.

Back