Official NEPOC Spring Cleaning Thread

I should bring an authentic Rochester garbage plate for Mr Pretzellogic :p

wait no, that would make my car smell like feces. screw you haha

this seems so unorganized in terms of who is coming and what stuff they're bringing and planning on doing. It's a bit late, but how about we get a list going of each person followed by what they want to get done and what supplies (tools, car cleaning, or food) they are bringing?

I'll start

Kansei - Don't really have anything that needs doing, I'll probably bring stuff to clean my engine bay.. my passenger headlight could really use a polishing so that it almost matches the new one though. - I'll bring a bucket, the "beer bong" for tranny fluid, my ratchet set if I can get it sorted and back in it's case this evening.. I can bring my jack, two jack stands, any specialty tools I have by request.

(attn)
-i'll have all the soda and water, ice as well
-grille and gas
-all the condements
-the market is right arounf the corner, whatever meat/buns we need we can pick up

i'll also have some blueberry ale! (drinks)

and as far as being tense..(dunno)..mazda meets relax me.(thumb)...you go the wrong guy dan(smash)

Lets start a list:

Kansei - Don't really have anything that needs doing, I'll probably bring stuff to clean my engine bay.. my passenger headlight could really use a polishing so that it almost matches the new one though. - I'll bring a bucket, the "beer bong" for tranny fluid, my ratchet set if I can get it sorted and back in it's case this evening.. I can bring my jack, two jack stands, any specialty tools I have by request.

Bazooka Joe - -soda and water, ice, grille and gas, condiments, blueberry ale

whitemp5seattle - some beers, bucket for washing, chips and stuff

do we need plates and napkins and stuff?

Lets start a list:

Bazooka Joe - -soda and water, ice, grille and gas, condiments, blueberry ale

whitemp5seattle - some beers, bucket for washing, chips and stuff

Astral - all sorts of detailing supplies for exterior and interior except for wheel cleaner. I can bring another couple of buckets just in case (e.g. a bucket to throw dirty towels in or something, or a bucket to clean the pads).

bazooka joe said:
ya, i think the best spot for washing might be the grass, then move the cars to the driveway for the cleaning?? the grass will soak up all the water and the driveway will stay dry! cars needing to be worked on mechanicaly can be in or in front of the garage....thoughts?
sounds like a great plan. I am taking the street parking spot, and my trunk will be full of wares :). Not planning on detailing my car, maybe wash it if there is time.

six buckets shoudl be enough, plus we have more coming from others. we could use some sandwich bags to put claybars into in between uses.

chuyler1 said:
NEPOC offers you protection. What are the papers on. We can help with that too!

Thanks for the info Chris, and yes this is for my wife's car...since mine is still at the body shop. Anyone know what they call that tranny filling apperatus? I'm not sure I want to walk into Autozone and ask for a "beer bong" thingy...although I'm sure they would know exactly what I was talking about.

well i have three papers due in the next few weeks. one is a self assesment on my life accoring to one of the psychodynamic theorists. the other is my experimental psych paper which is a pain in the arse. the third is some paper i have to do on parkinsons disease, basically explaining it and then writing about a case study in it. so yeah i dont know how much yall could help really. what time is this kicking off? i might be convinced to go but i dont have any true cleaning gear.

oh i need a lil help putting the eliminate cell mod for the obx header seeing as how my inspection is for june 6th the latest and i can go with a cel. depending on how today goes at the auto show i might bring a hood prop kit to either sell or install into my car.

i can bring buckets if need be and my wash cloth, i also have a gallon of car wash ive been using i could bring. worst case i could go buy some new things. i need to pick up new wax i beleive and some cloths. i have never clay barred my car so i needs to learn if i go.

who wants to convince me to go?

you should go. clay barring is the best! not sure about on other colors, but especially on a white car like mine, you can really see the difference before and after...you'll definitely want to learn how to do it to get rid of all that nasty junk on your paint!

well the thing is that my car makes me sad in pants :( because it has a few doors dings and a few scratch's as well....people at my school are not considerate of others so yeah. I am going to get it fixed though. again it all depends on the vibe i get from my father at the auto show to see if a replacement is under way or not.

but i am in greenwich i just did a yahoo maps and its like 3 hours and 3 mins from Mark's so we shall see. i might take the m3 for a claybar and wash instead though...unsure and probably not.

I just posted over at the Mazda6 forum we don't speak of. We might get one or two guys to join us since many were planning to go to the UConn show but are probably gonna bail due to weather.

What time are people arriving? I can get there early so I'm out of the way sooner. 10:00? 9:00? eariler?

Astral said:
sounds like a great plan. I am taking the street parking spot, and my trunk will be full of wares :). Not planning on detailing my car, maybe wash it if there is time.

six buckets shoudl be enough, plus we have more coming from others. we could use some sandwich bags to put claybars into in between uses.

Ditto.

if kansei gets his booty down to uconn tonight i'll be joining you all tomorrow. my car is a mess, i cracked some stuff in the snow this winter :( but it will be nice to meet whoever is there.

oh yea and let me know if any of you are coming to the uconn car show, i heard a rumor that a few of you might be.

oh yea, p.s. my car gets stuck in pretty much anything that isn't pavement. yes, like grass, dirt, snow, ice.....sometimes it doesn't even have to be wet out for it to get stuck. i need new tires :(

It looks like the UCONN show will be a bust since it's supposed to be nasty on sunday. I unfortunately can't come on saturday, I'll be up in NH drinking my ass off.

Hambino said:
It looks like the UCONN show will be a bust since it's supposed to be nasty on sunday. I unfortunately can't come on saturday, I'll be up in NH drinking my ass off.
You bastard.

Back