OEM Genuine Rear Wing

wolverine_man

:
2008 Mazda3 S GT Sedan
Hey everyone,

I am finally picking up my MZ3 S GT tonight. I did not order the factory rear wing and the dealer can either install an aftermarket ($300 installed) one or a genuine Mazda one (well over $300 plus installation). The latter is thus quite a bit more expensive. Do any of you have any experience with aftermarket rear wings? I like the basic look of the factory rear wing and I am all for saving money, but not at the expense of quality.

Are there certain aftermarket brands that are just as good as OEM? And if so, is it something that if painted, I could install?

thanks

5 door or 4 door?

I like the 4 door without a spoiler. If you can find one like on the speed6 that would look pretty sweet.

Hmm, I like the looks of the factory wing on the 4-door. Then again, I'm also not a big fan of the 5-door and I am clearly outnumbered on that opinion. I'll probably hold off on the wing for now, and eventually get the mazda wing if I can't get an aftermarket recommendations.

just eBay it, seriously. I got mine for $100 painted and shipped and it's a fairly easy install if you trust yourself with powertools! Otherwise it's gonna be about $75 - $100 to get it installed

As I imagined it requires some drilling, I guess. Anything special that you do to protect the holes you drill from rusting? Also, could PM me the vendor you bought from?

thanks

"TheSpoilerCompany"

PAINTED MAZDA 3 04 05 06 07 08 FACTORY STYLE SPOILER
WE SELL TO DEALERSHIPS AND EBAY SELLERS

Seller's reputation:
Score: 2512 | 99.7% Positive

Price: US $110.00
Shipping: Free!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i just had a shop do it for me for $75. I don't trust myself doing bodywork!

Last edited:
Thanks man! Damn, I think I am getting Mazda fever here! Only one more hour before I can go pick up my GT! The wait is killing me! Hopefully, I can get some extras thrown in, in addition to the key chain I requested. Probably too late for that, though.

Anyone have a pic of the mazda3 factory key chain so I know not to settle for some cheap one?

"TheSpoilerCompany"

PAINTED MAZDA 3 04 05 06 07 08 FACTORY STYLE SPOILER
WE SELL TO DEALERSHIPS AND EBAY SELLERS

Seller's reputation:
Score: 2512 | 99.7% Positive

Price: US $110.00
Shipping: Free!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i just had a shop do it for me for $75. I don't trust myself doing bodywork!

Can anyone vouch for the paint job and its durability on these spoilers? I am ready to order one soon. Not sure if it is best to buy it painted or primed and then pay to have the dealer paint it.

Anyone have a pic of the mazda3 factory key chain so I know not to settle for some cheap one?

here is the key chain i bought from one of the dealerships up here in WPG:

Attachments

• _DSC0948.jpg
    _DSC0948.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 265
  • _DSC0949.jpg
    _DSC0949.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 266
Thanks man! Damn, I think I am getting Mazda fever here! Only one more hour before I can go pick up my GT! The wait is killing me! Hopefully, I can get some extras thrown in, in addition to the key chain I requested. Probably too late for that, though.

Here's what I've got for my 3
DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

I WISH they had the switchblade key here in the U.S. Back to the spoiler, I am still undecided, I like it with the spoiler, but then again there aren't that many sedans around without out, especially GT sedans.

I WISH they had the switchblade key here in the U.S. Back to the spoiler, I am still undecided, I like it with the spoiler, but then again there aren't that many sedans around without out, especially GT sedans.

Do you like the lip style spoiler? On the sedan, it's a really nice addition, and it is something that you could install if you were carefull, but at worst you could buy the OEM part painted, and have a trusted aftermarket place install it?

I think I will go with the lip spoiler if anything at all. I found a reputable place in MI that sells them painted on ebay for $125 shipped. It is more understated.

ya damn thing with me is the cost to ship it to canada....otherwise its a great price....still not bad regardless...

Latest posts

Back