odd power issues?

Rule out the hot air and ambient temps, I just made a quick stop to the bakery at 8pm, it was a cold start and I felt it. Still haven't relocated the IAT sensor. It only seems the aggravate the problem.

Could it be the maf sensor going bad but not throwing a code? Because mine is at hot or cold engine temps

i have a theory. my intake just uses piping from autozone which is a tad bigger than stock. when it sizes down to go through the maf and back up after and then back down going through the throttle body it could distort the airflow enough untill the velocity of it picks up at higher rpms? its kind of off the wall but i figured it could be causing it. i can sometimes feel it going in and out of power going up hills any thoughts?

i too have a power hesitation issue. mine feels like the car falls on its face then gets power then falls then power all the way to redline. I also have a cheap ebay intake with large piping that reduces for the maf and the throttle body. i also have a header and no second cat.

How's your air filter? I cleaned mine and ran sea foam through the gas tank and it cleared it up a lot. Still not much power till 3000 rpms but it gains it smoothly like its supposed to

It has nothing to do with your intake and if maf was bad your car would start and die right away. You said no power tell 2500 rpm right well narrow down what it cant be and what it can be. Check your fuel pressure regulator disconnect the vacum while car is on if fuel comes out then that is the problem. Maybe bad injector o ring. If you injectors dont have a tight seal it can cause power loss to. Now we know it has nothing to do with fuel or spark cause it runs and there are no codes. What about your egr, take it off clean it with brake cleaner, install a new gasket and try that. Just narrow down your options so i can have a better idea what it is.

Back