Nothing but problems........

02MazPro5

:
02 Protege5
OK I buy my MP5 thent he tranny goes I get it back and now my passanger front wheel bearing is gone. What is the deal? Are these cars made cheap? Has anyone else had problems with wheel bearings?

maybe, but they sure are fun to drive when they're running well ;)

I know of two people that have had their wheel bearings go out...(ApexLater and TheWrench)
it's not that common of an issue.

you buy it new? i've got 75k on mine and the only issue i've had is the egr goin bad...other than that the car runs great....?

Welcome to the world of Mazdas.

My engine went out after 8 months of ownership! Oil starvation...same thing happened to RougeP5...except his happened on the AutoX course...mine happened on the way back from Walmart...never again will they touch the Mazda.

Blow a motor and join the folks here in the 'Zoom Zoom Boom Club'....ha ha.

Hope it all works out for ya.

You want a crappy car, get a Eclipse/Talon/Laser...they are nothing but problems. The 3 years I've had it:
- needed new lifters
- new waterpump
- 4 new tires twice (alignment didn't fix uneven wear)
- new front end cv axle
- two new front lower lateral ball joints
- new clutch
- new front brakes, and rotors
- new brakes in the back
- two new o2 sensors
- new turbo oil feed line
- new alternator
- new battery (twice)

You bought a turboed car... You will have problems... Now my 89 Jetta... Lets see.... 4 blown head gaskets. a set of new pistons, new oil pump, 2 clutches, 1 pressure plate bent to hell, Fuel pump THe outter one not the intank one along with the whole pump system. New fuel injectors, Ignition system, driverside front axle, and the car only had 100K miles on it and I had it 2 years. Please dont even get me started on my 95 Jetta......

yeah, the early to mid 90's were a bad time for vw.

I have had my P5 over 3 years with no warranty or problems, yet. I also had it since new, so I knoe the car well.

I'm having so many problems these days.
I bought new and now with 75K, coil pack problem, wire problem, rough idle problem, Cat problem and another misfiring problem.
I'm so stressed out these days...but I'm sure it will get better.

same problems on my MP5 as Bijou-MP5, but I had a 2000 Jetta, replaced:
- rear rotors every 30K
- coil paks, plug wires, MAF
- Radiator, water pump, reservoir, termostat
- both rear calipers
- cat, mid pipe, muffler
- all belts, timing belt twice
- four O2 Sensors
- a slew of light bulbs
- plastic moldings inside that you wouldn't think would break
had only 101K on it when I sold it. All repairs were done between 81K and 89K so eight thousand miles and $3200 in repairs? Not counting mods, unless they were upgraded repairs. SOLD I will keep the Mazda. I did make 1500 over Blue Book on the jetta though.

I have something shot in the front end. Either tie rods, ball joint or wheel bearing. Too lazy to check it out. When the wheel comes off I'll figure it out.

I put a motor in mine at 30K...

wheel bearing failure is a known issue with mazda... there's a TSB regarding it... they have since changed the installation method/design to prevent this problem

no problems with my p5 yet.. well theres the 3rd gear thing to bad i found out about 5k mile to late that mazda messed up the syncro in the tranny and would have been a free replacement if my car was still under warranty.. i think thats complete BS..... but ohh well.. the only major work that has been done to my car having to replace my rear end 2 times.........

mine seems to be doing ok but i think my egr is needing a cleaning as the pass 2 weeks sometimes its a rough idle but not all thet ime

JDM-P5 said:
Welcome to the world of Mazdas.

My engine went out after 8 months of ownership! Oil starvation...same thing happened to RougeP5...except his happened on the AutoX course...mine happened on the way back from Walmart...never again will they touch the Mazda.

Blow a motor and join the folks here in the 'Zoom Zoom Boom Club'....ha ha.

Hope it all works out for ya.

Im on my 3rd engine due to starvation.

2nd a/c compressor
2nd heater core
2nd alarm system
2nd set of cables that control the vents to the a/c and heater
Right Front wheel bearing broken---too lazy to fix that

all in under 50000miles

but aren't all makes and models like this...some have no or very little problems and others just can't keep the car running right??? my car is pretty heavily modded and i haven't had any real issues....it's weird?

Latest posts

Back