Vibration upon acceleration in 1st and 2nd

jawn

2002 Mazda Protege5 5MT
:
Annapolis, MD
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
i admittedly made a poor decision and tried to 0-60 test my p5 with very sticky bridgestone potenzas on it. revved to about 4500 the dumped the clutch at a light and got incredibly bad wheel hop, which was so bad that my head unit, various interior trim pieces, and a bumper clip fell off. now, when coming away from a stop at >25% throttle in 1st gear and >50% throttle in 2nd, there is a vibration and noise upon acceleration. it almost feels like the trans itself is hitting something? anyone else experience this? any help is appreciated

i admittedly made a poor decision and tried to 0-60 test my p5 with very sticky bridgestone potenzas on it. revved to about 4500 the dumped the clutch at a light and got incredibly bad wheel hop, which was so bad that my head unit, various interior trim pieces, and a bumper clip fell off. now, when coming away from a stop at >25% throttle in 1st gear and >50% throttle in 2nd, there is a vibration and noise upon acceleration. it almost feels like the trans itself is hitting something? anyone else experience this? any help is appreciated
Possibly a broken engine or transmission mount? That's where I'd start looking at a minimum.

Maybe... but you usually feel vibration for motor mounts around 55-65mph range.

Put it up on jack stands and take a look... maybe exhaust is loose or hitting shift linkage. That would be be my guess... also check radiator and anything else that connects to engine and transmission.

It may help if you can get a video (just for the sound) of the behavior and share it here. I had some weird noises once that turned out to be loose exhaust shielding.

Back