Nos

superdude

I have considered Nos before but to many people had problems with it. Now my question is Nos bad to use on p5. I really need to know because turbo is turning out to be to much.

superdude said:
I have considered Nos before but to many people had problems with it. Now my question is Nos bad to use on p5. I really need to know because turbo is turning out to be to much.

the people that have had problems are those that pushed the envelope......and it popped open and spilt their guts out. :{D

its just something you need to be conservative with or you will hurt something......and then you are walking home. :{(

stick with a 50 shot or LESS.

Turbo costs more than a Nos setup but it also provides a sustainable level of boost. Your can run the turbo all day long and not kill the car. But you can only safely run Nos for 10-20 seconds. After that comes unpleasantness for your engine. I am just putting money aside for a turbo kit. Once I have enough to do it right I will set it up and I am sure I will be much happier with it than any Nos setup.
But thats just my opinion.

I happen to agree with Joel......do without for NOW...scrimp and save....and do it right....and have MORE POWER all the time.

There are many things i do not like about turbo:
1. Price 4300 can dollars
2.To many modifications that i will not be able to remoove once i sell the car.
3. Might afect the resale value of the car
4 Nos you take it of and sell the car don't have to tell anyone you ever used it.

I don' really like nos I just want more power but still keep my waranty do you think it is possiblle.

I have a cure all for all you people that really want to go with N20. If you spend a little extra money (approximately $600) and get a J&S safeguard, you will be safe with using N20. I believe you will even be safe with running a higher shot than 50. That is the problem with people that use N20. They usually never get any kind of timing control or fuel enrichment. Then they wonder why their motor broke a rod or a hole is now in the piston. Compression is just as high with N20 as it is with a turbo, so it only makes sense to get some kind of timing control.All the J&S Safeguard is is a knock controler. When it senses the your motor starting to ping, it retards the timing per cylinder. This is probably the cheapest ignition timing controler there is and it is probably one of the best. It lets you use your full advance timing and only retards it when needed. I've read up on it a lot in the past few days and it is a really good setup. I've decided to get this for my turbo setup.

Back