No AC

DannyJoe

fans are still running and is still blowing air. it will hold a charge but won't push cold air. i've been told not to run it and that the accumulator and possibly condenser where damaged. the accumulator gets very hot when the ac is ran. i really don't know much about the ac, and i'm not doing the work. if anyone has some good ideas on how to narrow down which parts i need to fix it that would be great. i'd rather not replace a bunch of parts that didn't need to be.

Is the light coming on the ac switch when you push the button? I've hear of the switch going bad and the ac won't even come on.

mine comes on on 1,3 and 4 and I have to toggle back and forth on 2 for it to work. I have also noticed that my AC gets warm if I stop for a while and finally gets cold again after driving again. I have heard that if you go to the back of the switch and squeeze the contacts together, it may work better.

mine comes on on 1,3 and 4 and I have to toggle back and forth on 2 for it to work. I have also noticed that my AC gets warm if I stop for a while and finally gets cold again after driving again. I have heard that if you go to the back of the switch and squeeze the contacts together, it may work better.

Mine does the same thing and then after driving awhile it gets ice freaking cold and i gotta turn it down.

Edit: Some days I swear the damn thing doesnt work and just blows hot air.

Last edited:
ok my light is only workin on 1 and 4. would running this possibly damage it more if it is the condensor or accumulator? i'll try the trick on the switch. whats the best way to get that panel off?

ok my light is only workin on 1 and 4. would running this possibly damage it more if it is the condensor or accumulator? i'll try the trick on the switch. whats the best way to get that panel off?

push the air vents down and pull on the panel there. You won't be able to pull it out very far as there is two screws(one on each side)on the backside that hold the HVAC controls to that panel. You'll need a stubby screwdriver or an L shaped screwdriver

Yeah I've been meaning to do that fix... havent gotten there yet. I'm right there with you Danny. Mine works on 1 and 4, and I have run it on trips from San Diego to LA and back the whole time (against my wishes hehe) and no problems.

well i got back to the harness and it had slipped out a little. pushed it in now its working. well the switch is always lighting up 1-4. the air doesn't seem very cold but its not blowing hot. the days i've drove it were not very hot days though so maybe that is why the air wasn't hot if my ac isn't working properly. can anyone with a working ac tell me if their accumulator gets hot after running the ac for awhile?

Just did this "Fix" in about 10 mins. Yes, it did work for me. I just pulled each terminal out and clamped it down a little with a pair of needle nose pliers. A/C works just fine now, on ALL speeds. No cutting on and off anymore. (attention)

Back