2008 CX-9 No power to AC compressor

I have a 2008 cx9 the ac compressor want kick on,in fact the relay does nothing when u turn o the ac. I am trying to figure out what’s going on. I put a test light on the two wires going to the compressor while engine is running and ac on but the test light want light up. Now I’m not sure which of the two wires is hot but checked both and nothing. The relay is good as well as the ac fuse and there is power at the relay socket but nothing to the compressor. could this be a problem with the ac switch inside the car or what I’m running out of ideas I don’t want to think bad compressor since there is no power going to it so can someone help me here cause it’s to hot to not have it,thanks in advance.

First check to see if there's B+ power on both the load side of the relay and also the control side, with the vehicle running and the AC switch and blower on.

There is B+ on the input side but nothing coming out. I jumped pins 30 and 87 with the Freon bottle attached and the compressor kicked on and started blowing cold when I turned the engine off a put the relay back in started the engine turned on the ac nothing, no power to compressor. Could the ac high pressure switch be bad, or perhaps the climate control panel inside the car? I’m stumped as long as I bypass the relay it works and I’ve swapped relays no difference and all fuses are good.

I understand that there's power on the load side, but I asked you to find out if there's also power on the control side, with the engine running. You need to check 85 and 86 to see if there is power on one of them.

Yes, you're testing the pin slots in the fuse box, but you also need to keep track of which pins on the relay they correspond to, because there might be more testing to do.

Back