Nice article - CX-5: Safety

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
Not sure if this was shared before, but hit on this recently against an unrelated search and thought of sharing.

Linky

Not sure if this was shared before, but hit on this recently against an unrelated search and thought of sharing.

Linky

Most of the dead people I deal with are those who didn't buckle in, and were ejected from the vehicle. Most modern vehicles with safety belts being used result in internal traumas (or strain and sprain, in speeds <45 or so typically) due to seatbelts (which otherwise would have been dead-on-scene's before people start whining about "seat belts hurt people"). I think buckling in is more important than anything else about a vehicle, personally, based on what I've seen.

she always could've just paid attention to oncoming traffic and let the god damn dump truck pass before turning left. jesus

she always could've just paid attention to oncoming traffic and let the god damn dump truck pass before turning left. jesus

I was thinking the same thing when she said she was turning left and looking right... and someone in the article said "the car did its job" - i thought a cars job is "get us places". All the safety stuff is only because they travel faster then 5 mph.

I was thinking the same thing when she said she was turning left and looking right... and someone in the article said "the car did its job" - i thought a cars job is "get us places". All the safety stuff is only because they travel faster then 5 mph.

Hardware solutions to software problems are all the rage these days.

Linky
Good thing she didn't have a front-seat passenger. In some jurisdictions she'd be facing Manslaughter charges. (Assuming she turned left without yielding)

The point here is CX-5 safety standards work as envisaged and in a great fashion.

Good thing she didn't have a front-seat passenger. In some jurisdictions she'd be facing Manslaughter charges. (Assuming she turned left without yielding)

Yep, a passenger looks like would have had a much worse day just looking at that picture.

The point here is CX-5 safety standards work as envisaged and in a great fashion.

I think the point is that you should adhere to the rules of the road and be observant when yielding to traffic so you dont cause horrific accidents like this, but thats just my perspective. Oh, and just because the light turned yellow, does not mean everyone is stopping...

I think the point is that you should adhere to the rules of the road and be observant when yielding to traffic so you don’t cause horrific accidents like this, but that’s just my perspective. Oh, and just because the light turned yellow, does not mean everyone is stopping...

I think the point is that the CX-5 did it's job protecting the driver, regardless of how careless she was. In fact, if the situation was different and the driver was sitting at a red light and a dump truck barreled into her at the same point of impact, the outcome would likely be the same because the car did its job. That's the point the writer and the driver are trying to make.

The driver was careless and was fortunate that she did not kill others by her poor driving. A little difference in timing, angle, speed or many other factors and there would be no good story. The car did not DO a job, it just worked out in this case. Would it be fair to highlight a story where someone got killed in a CX-5 and claim the CX-5 DIDN'T do it's job?

The driver was careless and was fortunate that she did not kill others by her poor driving. A little difference in timing, angle, speed or many other factors and there would be no good story. The car did not DO a job, it just worked out in this case. Would it be fair to highlight a story where someone got killed in a CX-5 and claim the CX-5 DIDN'T do it's job?

Straight up. Its actually obscene this video

My main question is why would Mazda showcase this idiot and tie their brand to them? They should have mailed her a potted plant to carry around to replaced oxygen she's stealing and left it at that.

She was in an accident. I think some of you need to look up the definition. The car did its job. Honestly, 10-15 years ago, she would have been dead. Hopefully most cars now would be just as safe.

Paying attention to your driving and what's going on with traffic isn't going to get that all important text message sent out now is it?

She was in an accident. I think some of you need to look up the definition. The car did its job. Honestly, 10-15 years ago, she would have been dead. Hopefully most cars now would be just as safe.

Yes, she was in an accident. Meaning that she didn't do in on purpose. If she was paying attention, the crash would not have happened.

The title of the story should have read: CX-5 gets hit by dump truck, driver walks away despite inattentive driving.

No mention in the story if the driver was ticketed or not.

Cars have gotten better (safety), drivers have gotten worse (inattentive). We're all one text away from an accident. I

Yes, she was in an accident. Meaning that she didn't do in on purpose. If she was paying attention, the crash would not have happened.

The title of the story should have read: CX-5 gets hit by dump truck, driver walks away despite inattentive driving.

No mention in the story if the driver was ticketed or not.

Again, she was in an ACCIDENT. She survived. The car she was in probably helped to save her life. We know nothing else. Ever heard the phrase "accidents happen"?

Back