Next Sunday, March 16: Anybody wanna help me get back to stock?

whitemp5seattle

Contributor
:
carbon grey 2005 SP23 sedan
This may be a little premature, but I'm guessing my car is totaled. If insurance does indeed deem my car as totaled, I'm going to see if I can get access to my car for a day and take off as many aftermarket parts as I can, provided they're still in good shape, and replace them with the stock parts. This would include: springs and struts, rear sway bar, AWR headers, B&M short shifter, intake, taillights, etc.

If anybody is around next Sunday I would love the help! Free beer and my undying gratitude :) and maybe even some parts!

I still have to hear back from the insurance people about my car, but just putting this out there sooner rather than later since I know we're all busy people!

Thanks!

Damn man! Glad you are alright. I know all too well what happens up on those curves in litchfield county. I put my first bike into the trees up on 109 so I feel your pain. I might be around this weekend if you need a hand. Where were you when this happened? Litchfield county all looks the same.

I was on Gillette Road in New Hartford, just before the intersection with Brick Road I think. I'll be sure to keep everybody updated on what the insurance adjuster says...

sorry jeffrey, i'll be away that weekend otherwise i'd give you a hand...(sad2)

thanks Mark. we'll see what happens.

I talked to the repair shop and they were really nice. I asked about aftermarket parts and he said that they would work with me on allowing me to get the suspension off and the stock parts on, if the car is totaled. On a better note he said the car probably wouldn't be totaled due to the low miles and the fact that the airbags didn't deploy. *crosses fingers*

If it's to be fixed, UPGRADE!!! Take the $400 they'll give ya for a stock hood, and chip $200 to get a C/F one, etc. If the header n stuff is damaged, they'll pay you for a factory one ($700 I think) so get a sweet aftermarket one, etc etc.

If it's to be fixed, UPGRADE!!! Take the $400 they'll give ya for a stock hood, and chip $200 to get a C/F one, etc. If the header n stuff is damaged, they'll pay you for a factory one ($700 I think) so get a sweet aftermarket one, etc etc.

hmmm...if they're paying $700 for a factory header shouldn't I just chip in an extra two or three hundred and piece together a turbo kit? (burnout)

hmmm...if they're paying $700 for a factory header shouldn't I just chip in an extra two or three hundred and piece together a turbo kit? (burnout)
ya, and neboosted has a msp kit for sale....although i think it's being parted out as we speak!

you know i'm there. I'll bring my wagon and some tools. I don't know much, but I can spin a wrench.

I'm there too- Probably no help at all in removing parts but I'll make muffins. Can't work when you're hungry!

Of course, I'm crossing my fingers that it's not totaled and you'll get to do upgrades instead.

I feel like my certification exam is ruining my life.. My test is the 17th, otherwise I'd be out there helping you gents any way I could.

I'll have my life back after monday.

don't worry about it Sean! you'll be there in spirit.

there's also the possibility that if this doesn't all get worked out this week, it may get pushed back until the 22nd. it's all still up in the air right now

Latest posts

Back