Nexen N7000 205/40/17 Summer tires on MSP RH

jeffmsp

Contributor
:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Just wondering if anyone thinks this is a bad idea. I have a chance to pick up a set of very lightly used (~5000KM) Nexen N7000 205/40/17 Summer tires for $200 CDN.

I have read very mixed reviews online for these tires, some say they are s*** some say they are pretty good.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice. I will not be using them for autoX or anything, just fun street driving. Hoping they will work at least as well as the stock potenzas. not sure if 205 will give enough traction though..

then again for $200 cash i cant go wrong can I?

thoughts? opinions? Supposed to pick em up this thursday night so if i could get some feedback that would be great.

thanks again for that boost gauge solo. anyone know about these tires? solo says they suck lol

just pick them up. that's a deal if i ever heard one. got the 2000 series and it's good enuff for me. cheap, quiet and last longgg. got plenty of grip too. 22,000 miles on mine and got lotta meat left. the 7000 is the top of the line so i would think way better in every category except long life. (mine cost 279)

well i ended up getting the tires. they are in awsome shape, ill let you guys know how they work out after i get em installed and balanced, thanks for the input.

Also, any idea how much my speedo will be off now?>

205/40s are narrow and short as hell compared to stock size

good luck with them

well ive had them on for a few days now and i must say the most impressive part has been the lack of road noise and surprising smoothness over bumps. Since I just took the big winters off I was expecting to feel every bump like last summer but these things are quite nice. Performance wise they seem to be great for normal street driving, it took quite a bit of effort to get the back end out around a staged turn in a parking lot. Overall seems to be as much grip as any normal person would need for street driving. No idea how they would do in autoX though.

Overall for the price I am very very happy.

i have N7000s in 215/45/17 and like them pretty well. they're better than bald potenza's i'll tell ya that much :) and better than kumhos imo

Latest posts

Back