Newest Map for TomTom NB1 925 is out...No software updates past 10.851

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ Tech
Someone on the TomTom forums said they have lost Live Services with the latest map update. I already updated to the newest map 925<920 but haven't tried the traffic info yet...I'll check tomorrow...

UPDATE: I have the latest 925 maps and the latest 10.852 software and everything seems to work great, minus the obvious safety lock screen...

Last edited:
My update completely blew up my maps. Now I have to find some time to start again.

I recovered, but I had to start from scratch. Somehow the update corrupted the SD card. Reformatted the card and all is good now.

I have a 2nd SD card with an exact copy just in case the OEM SD goes down. 8GB SD class 10 cards are dirt cheap

Dealer service just did my update today to 10.851

What improvements should I expect to notice?

Dealer service just did my update today to 10.851

What improvements should I expect to notice?

Nothing that hasn't been talked about in other Tom Tom threads.
Official changelog here: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6141

And for future reference. You can perform the update yourself at home using the Tom Tom Home software.
It's recommended you check for updates every several weeks. (map share updates, traffic camera updates, gps satellite updates)

I updated from 10.851 to 10.852 this morning. After confirming the version number, I restarted the navigation a few times using the accessories setting and the legal notice kept appearing with each start-up of the navigation. I figured driving around might give a different result so I drove about 2.5 miles around the neighborhood and the legal notice remains until you touch to agree to it. Bottom line....no difference between 10.851 and 10.852 on the legal notice behavior that I can tell.

CHANGELOG for 10.851 says it fixed some Safety Log message settings:
Version 10.852
(Mazda Navigation System NB1)

• The system is now more robust if the 'mapsettings.tlv' file gets corrupted.
  • Extra error information is available in the Network connection status screen.
  • We have fixed some bugs related to the Safety Lock (USA only).

The one issue I have with the legal screen is that it blocks even voice navigation commands until you reach over and accept it - thereby eliminating the supposed "safety" feature of using voice commands instead of the touch screen. Is THAT fixed with 852? (Start car, start driving, press the steering wheel voice button, say "navigation" and see if it will let you do anything via voice command while the legal screen is there.)

The one issue I have with the legal screen is that it blocks even voice navigation commands until you reach over and accept it - thereby eliminating the supposed "safety" feature of using voice commands instead of the touch screen. Is THAT fixed with 852? (Start car, start driving, press the steering wheel voice button, say "navigation" and see if it will let you do anything via voice command while the legal screen is there.)
This issue is NOT resolved with 852. The legal screen completely disables navigation voice response, forcing a user to lean forward and press the lower right corner of the screen (which is the farthest distance from a left-seated driver's shoulder) - an unsafe action while driving -- before being able to use the voice commands which are supposed to make the car safer. Very stupid.

That "acknowledgement" has to go.

People without dedicated GPS units like TomTom, Garmin, etc. use their phones with whatever map app they have and do not have to acknowledge a thing. Makes no sense to press an agree button every time.

That "acknowledgement" has to go.

People without dedicated GPS units like TomTom, Garmin, etc. use their phones with whatever map app they have and do not have to acknowledge a thing. Makes no sense to press an agree button every time.

I wonder if TomTom sued and required to do that for cars.
Nintendo was sued a long time ago and any Nintendo console or portable device now when you turn on has a health and safety screen that you must accept before you can do anything with the system. No other game system requires it.

Back