Newbie yes... New Mazda lover, MOST DEF!!

My2001Milly

:
2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 2.5L
Hey everyone! Just thought I'd drop a note in on the Mazda forums. I've been looking for a forum where it's nothing but folks who share the same love for the Mazda brand like me. You might say I come from a slight Mazda background. My mom's first car was a Mazda RX-4, and she currently has a 2001 Tribute ES-V6, not to mention that my GF's first car was a 2004 Mazda 3i in YELLOW that I helped her pick out! My first car was not a Mazda sadly, but now I've converted.

So a little bit about me. I'm 20 years old and I live in the NE part of Texas in a town called Colleyville, about 5-10 minutes from DFW International Airport. I do a fair bit of driving, due to working 2 jobs, one of which I started myself. I currently work as a night time valet in Fort Worth, TX at a restaurant called Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse. I also have my own car cleaning/ detailing business that I started myself, last year. It's been mostly the same old "Can you come clean my car?" routine from the neighbors. Being a valet, I get to drive some pretty nice cars, but I like the imports the best, particularly, the Mazdas, and the occasional Mazdaspeed 3 or 6. So, in all of this, how did I get into the Zoom-Zoom spirits? Well that all started back a couple months ago in June of 2010.

I was car shopping as usual. (RTM) I had just sold my family's old 96 Chevrolet Suburban LS that had been handed down to me for $3000 cash and was in search of a Mazda. I knew I wanted a Millenia, particularly in the 2001-2002 area, but couldn't find one that hadn't been trashed around, or been pampered so lovingly that it was way out of my budget. That all changed with a trip to Plano, TX and a wad of bills totaling $2800 cash! That's the day I bought my 2001 Mazda Millenia Premium. (omg) It's black with a gray underside and it had done a fair few miles for a 2001 at 169K but it was in good shape and it had worn quite well. Not to mention a good size pile of reciepts that came with the car. Had a dent in the left front fender, and HORRID aftermarket rims, but other than that, it was a black beauty in need of a loving owner (and a wash), and that new owner was me. The interior is a tan color and to be honest, it looks like someone just sat in it, and never left, because it's in that good of shape. It's never let me down once. It's needed some new parts like a new EGR valve, spark plugs/ wires, oil/transmission fluid change and frankly that's about it. I love it to death and I don't think I'll ever part with it until the day it can't go on anymore.

Can't forget some of the pics, now can we?

The day I got her!
picture.php

Freshly detailed by me
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope to be trading the rims/ tires on it for some stock S or regular Millenia wheels and tires (hopefully locally), or some RX-8 rims if anyone's willing. Looking forward to seeing what kind of info I can learn about my car.

Hope to be talking to you guys soon!
Take Care,
Bobby Johnson
Owner/ Founder:Carchitects Auto Detail

Welcome to the forum - and, welcome to Millenia ownership! :)

Now, I just one small secret to share with you. Your mom's Tribute is actually a Ford Escape. OK, I've got that of my chest. Please allow the introductions to continue ... on topic. ;)

Welcome to the forum - and, welcome to Millenia ownership! :)

Now, I just one small secret to share with you. Your mom's Tribute is actually a Ford Escape. OK, I've got that of my chest. Please allow the introductions to continue ... on topic. ;)

I understand that it is truly a Ford Escape with a Mazda badge so it's not technically all Mazda built.

Welcome to the forum as Im a new member as well. I have a 2000 Millennia S with the same colorway. it seems as if we got the same deal on our cars and the interior. Mine belonged to a high school graduate, a girl at that. I've modded the intake wit short RAM, dropped it 1.4 all the way round with B&G springs, wood laminated trunk floorboard, 7 inch Boss head unit , pioneer 6x9 rear deck speakers, 17 inch Voxx black wheels with chrome lip, and sunroof wind guard. I got her with 150k miles. Just found some contacts to do engine work. I'm currently building her for show status.

Back