Newbie here.

bergendsm

hello guys in girls.

mayko here from NJ and im thinking about getting a MSP with in the next month or so.

i came on this site to get some info and i was wondering if some of u can help?

well on monday i will be test driving a car or two and the choice for the cars are 1 - titanuim MAZDA SPEED PROTEGE 2 - black SATURN ION REDLINE.

yes i am aware that this is not a saturn fourm so i wont ask about the saturn.

well i seen a few MSP and i think the are very sexy cars, fit my budget, TURBO, and is a 4door which will come in handy. This car will be my DD/work car and i do plan on getting a extendend warrenty on this. i do plan on modding this car later on in life when the finance is almost over with. Just need some info on this car if ppl recomend it for DD/work. I know the basics with these car 170hp,turbo,5speed, RB suspension, rims, and nice body styling.

Well since i saw a few ppl from nj i was wondering if anybody knows any good shop ( machine shops ) that messes with the motor.

just some questions i have and would help if u guys and girls could answer for me.

Do these motors have foreged pistons.
what is the compression ratio on these motors.
what are the stong points on this car
what are the week points on this car
whats a flashed ecu.
could i use a SAFC2
what are some datalogging equipments for this car
how much boost can the stock car hold with bout any problems
what are some good sites for this car to buy parts from
would this motor need to be sleeved, block gaurded, or is it asold block.

sorry for such bad questions but im a DSMER and this will be my first NEW/USED car. And i never messed with this type of cars before on 4g63s.

thanks for the info guys and girls and hope i didnt bother to many ppl.

also sorry if i posted on the wrong fourmj.

thanks
mayko (usa)

Just kinda of confused why you would pay for an extended warrenty if you plan on modding your engine which will remove all warranty, its ganna be at least a couple of years until you can run out the warranety.

Go for the Saturn Redline.

Underrated from the factory - bone stock people are dyno'ing at above 210whp. www.redlineforums.com - good forum, I'm on there.

To answer some of your questions. No the internals are not forged - they are the same internals found in the FS-DE engine, because it is the same engine as the N/A protege. The internals are the weak point near as anyone can tell. There have been forum members that have added an additional 2-3psi without much trouble. Bear in mind though that some people have blown engines on the stock boost.

The ECU flashed fixed some stumbling issues - I think. I've never owned an MSP, but I've driven a couple and I've been on this forum for a while - I'm pretty sure the ECU flash was for stumbling. If not - someone will correct me shortly I'm sure.

For a shop - MPI - there is no one else on this forum that has done the stuff Nick has.
732-222-3679

The MSP is a great handling car - and is peppy. You can upgrade the internals, turbo, and exhaust and easily put down at least 225whp safely - and depending on how much you want to spend you can start approaching the 400whp mark as a few members have been working on.

Personally, I'd say it's a toss up between the Saturn and the MSP. Styling - no contest - I like the Mazda, but then tastes are highly subjective. Take both for a test drive and see what you think. Just bear in mind that from an engine standpoint and design standpoint - the redline is generally going to be considered the better car.

well i plan on doing a 5 year finance on this car and i plan on modding the car after it is payed for.

the only mods i would want to do as soon as i get the car is a some gauges, EGT/boost, and lowering the car with tein springs and koni shocks,

this car will remain stock because i will be driving it alot and i mean alot like, through out north and south jersey for work and fun. so i will need that warrenty.

i will check out the cars on monday and see which one i like better. thanks for the cents

Back