new to forum and mazda

JaysP5

:
Protege 5
I just recently bought a 02 P5 for $3200 and i am loving it!! The car has 92k miles on it, but runs pretty good. I know it needs a tune up and a clutch. The paint on the car is kinda rough, the drivers side rear quarter was repainted with what looks to be enamel paint because its cracking, and all four corners of the car have had the paint rubbed off from hitting who knows what. The car is in good condition and seems to be mechanically sound, i do know that the previous owner did neglect to do regular maintance on the car (regular oil changes). Oh and the rear rims are both dented from hitting a curb i guess. Other than that the car is great and i cant wait to start adding some mods to it.

I do have one question.....the brake light and the abs light are on. I know the rear callipers, and pads were recently replaced. Once in a while those lights will go off when i feel a grinding sensation in the pedal and front brakes and they instantly go off. The front brakes are in good condition, and i was told that the brakes were bled when the rear callipers were replaced. I am gonna bleed the brakes for my own satisfaction, but does anyone have any ideas of why these lights are on?

Thanks in advance for any help that i can get with my new car. I have owned a ton of Honda's and Acura's, but this is my first Mazda....so I will take all the help i can get!!

cleck the fluid level in the brake reservoir - there is a little switch that senses when the fluid gets low. if they bled, and didn't fill it up enough, that could cause the lights to come on.

cleck the fluid level in the brake reservoir - there is a little switch that senses when the fluid gets low. if they bled, and didn't fill it up enough, that could cause the lights to come on.

i checked the fluid level and its all good....bled the brakes and so far the lights havent come back on so we will see what happens in the next few days of driving it. I dont have any pics of my car just yet, i will try to get some on here soon. Unfortunatley my car is red...i really like the silver, but beggers cant be choosers. Im probably gonna paint it in the spring...that is if i can find somewhere to do it. I used to work in a body shop and have paint guns and all the tools needed....just dont have any place to do it as of yet. Tryin to save myself alot of money to put towards something else for the car.

My first thought was the fluid too. Grinding of any kind is something that needs to be check out right away as things get more expensive the worse it gets. Anyways welcome!

well today the brake and abs lights came back on.....the fluid level is just fine, and just to make sure i looked over the front brakes and the pads and rotor look good. When i get this grinding sensation in the pedal its only for maybe 2 seconds at the most, and it usually happens when im barely touching the brakes. The brakes work just fine, what bothers me the most is when it feels like i have lost my brakes for just a second or 2, and those damn lights comin on and off. Im lost, anyone have any ideas?

the reason i keep getting abs and brake lights is because the rear abs sensors are toast...(deadhorse

Back