New Soul CX5. Lovin' it

:
2015 CX-5 Touring FWD Soul Red
Hi everyone. I got my Soul Red CX5 Touring about a week and a half ago, and I am loving it so far. Also, I had enough credit card points to get free front/rear mudguards as well as the soft cargo liner. I'll see if I can install them this weekend. After that, I really want to add the silver roof rails. I just really like how they look.

The only thing so far that bugs me just a little bit is how much of a blind spot there is from the back passenger window to the corner of the rear window. The blind spot sensors are great and all, but it is a little scary not being able to quickly glance over and see what's there. I guess this is something I'll have to get used to.

Annnnnnnd of course, someone ALREADY put a minor scuff into my front bumper!!! I have no idea where o when it was. It's hardly noticeable, but you can tell when you run your hand over it. C'est la vie....

Attachments

• IMAG0616[1].jpg
    IMAG0616[1].jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 458
  • IMAG0617[1].jpg
    IMAG0617[1].jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMAG0619[1].jpg
    IMAG0619[1].jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 363
and yes it got so dirty already because I park on the street, and Spring decided to shower her with pollen.

Just like my Soul Red 2015 Touring, except you got the nicer mirrors. Mine has the squarish outside turn signals. So, guess I have the 2015, you have the 2015-1/2.

Great News, Congratulations !!!

Look forward to hearing a review on how
you like the features and driving !!!

Take Care,

CK

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I got my Soul Red CX5 Touring about a week and a half ago, and I am loving it so far. Also, I had enough credit card points to get free front/rear mudguards as well as the soft cargo liner.
Congrats! We also just got a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD. When we saw all of these new improvements, such as LED headlights, new infotainment system with 7" screen, electrical parking brake, etc., we just couldn't resist to get the 16' model. We were curious about the "soft cargo liners" but the dealer didn't have one to look. So we settled for more traditional cargo tray. What is the material of the soft cargo liner? How the seatback protection part stays on when the seatbacks are up? Do you have to store the "removable bumper flap" somewhere else when you are not using it?

Congrats! We also just got a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD. When we saw all of these new improvements, such as LED headlights, new infotainment system with 7" screen, electrical parking brake, etc., we just couldn't resist to get the 16' model. We were curious about the "soft cargo liners" but the dealer didn't have one to look. So we settled for more traditional cargo tray. What is the material of the soft cargo liner? How the seatback protection part stays on when the seatbacks are up? Do you have to store the "removable bumper flap" somewhere else when you are not using it?

I love my soft cargo liner. Here's where I talk about it: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123826490-CX-5-Soft-Cargo-Liner-is-Nice&highlight=

Raise the Roof(rails)!

(breakn)
So I'm really happy! I just got my roof rails and f/r mud guards installed. I love how the rails look, even though I'll actually only ever use them once to carry my mattress to my new place.
I also like how the mudguards look. The front ones are so small and probably useless but whatever I got them for free, along with the soft cargo liner (which also rocks!!). The roof rails were $250 and installation for rails and guards was $118, so not super cheap, but I can really say I'm satisfied with everything.
And bonus, my plates came in today, and I had them put in my Houston Rockets license plate frame! Also, in that picture you can see the bumper damage that happened like 3 days after I got the car.

So I'm really happy! I just got my roof rails and f/r mud guards installed. I love how the rails look, even though I'll actually only ever use them once to carry my mattress to my new place.
I also like how the mudguards look. The front ones are so small and probably useless but whatever I got them for free, along with the soft cargo liner (which also rocks!!).
I installed Mazda's front and rear mud guards a couple of weeks ago. Personally I like the front ones although it is tiny. The rear ones look really awkward as they are too wide and protrude outward too much. I even worried these rear mud guards will catch too much air while the car is moving and increase the coefficient of drag! Not to mention that you have to cut a piece of the plastic wheel well liner out to install one of the four clip nuts on each side which again showed a bad design by Mazda!

It's funny that I had a similar little damage/dent at the same area on the front lower bumper/spoiler like yours. Mine was caused by hitting an odd shaped parking lot concrete stopper while parking.

Back