New Record Again by Hiboost, 12.1 At 111 Mph

(first)

This is very fresh news. I have just talked to my brother Manuel and they hit 12.1 at 111 MPH at Moroso in SUPERPROTEGE's car a few minutes ago.

We did it again. They had a bad clutch on the runs a couple of weeks ago and had to wait on ACT to make an extreme pressure plate as the HD did not hold the torque on the car. Now we are telling a different story as the power is going to the wheels.

The car is amazing and we are very proud to keep bringing records and good news to the Mazda community.

I want to congratulate my brother Manuel for his effort, time and work done with this car. Also congatulations to Owen for allowing Hiboost to show what the kit is capable of and for having the quickest Protege.

Juan

Last edited:
Nice, I heard the word about it a few min ago from someone there. Congrats. Its a pleasure doing business with your brother Manuel. Hes a good guy.

Oh, And I cant wait till next wednesday, Should be some newer news to come out! Competition baby.

Congrads. I heard the news as well..
I heard it was in the 20+psi range, fully gutted interior(just the drivers seat), race gas, slicks,no exhaust and a very good driver. :)
Congrads on being the fastest protege.. You now have the Trophy this week :)

Last edited:
Yeah! First pass was 12.4 at 17 psi and second one was 12.1 at 19 psi. He is going to try at 22 psi. We will see what goes on.

Damn, Im missing all these record breaking runs and the tracks only about an hour from me. Night school owns me. These trap speeds between cwill and superprotege are interesting.

Oh, and Juan. You guys are running a smaller turbo then Cwill right? Thats why the psi is higher with these times?

Mental Addiction said:
Congrads. I heard the news as well..
I heard it was in the 20+psi range, fully gutted interior(just the drivers seat), race gas, slicks and a very good driver. :)
Congrads on being the fastest protege.. You now have the Trophy this week :)

Well, he had a 300 lbs sound system on his car all other runs and I told them to remove all weight as posible. This is the way if they want to go professional. He wanted to run very low 12s and then just keep the car for a daily driver after this.
We have to run more boost with the smaller turbo to achieve the same numbers that you guys are doing with the large Garrett units to flow the same amount of air mass.

Thank you and I know this will benefit both of us for bringing better products and show the aftermarket community what Mazdas can do.

Juan

Very Nice!

If you didn't see your PM HiBoost, I lost the original map that came with the E6X.

I have the 440cc injectors with 3 bar map sensor. Where can I get this map?

MAM and Hiboost, you have now put our community in a different catagory.

JOMO said:
Damn, Im missing all these record breaking runs and the tracks only about an hour from me. Night school owns me.

Oh, and Juan. You guys are running a smaller turbo then Cwill right? Thats why the psi is higher with these times?

This is with the basic kit, 19 psi, forged rods, 8.5 mazda pistons and ACT extreme pressure plate. The same turbo that comes in all our kits.

We have to run more boost to get the same amount of air mass into the cylinders, but the benefit is that you get more HP at a lower RPM range making it easier to launch and launch harder. He did 1.7 sec 60 foot. If you notice, the MPH is not that high, so the time is done in the first 1/8 mile.

HiBoost TS said:
This is with the basic kit, 19 psi, forged rods, 8.5 mazda pistons and ACT extreme pressure plate. The same turbo that comes in all our kits.

We have to run more boost to get the same amount of air mass into the cylinders, but the benefit is that you get more HP at a lower RPM range making it easier to launch and launch harder. He did 1.7 sec 60 foot. If you notice, the MPH is not that high, so the time is done in the first 1/8 mile.

Yeah, your brother showed me a vid of the high 12 pass by superprotege. That thing just shot out of the whole like crazy. By chance, do you think owen will go with a bigger turbo. I know he wanted to hit low 12's and keep it from there a daily driver. But imagine the possibilities.

Last edited:
congrats on the time. i was there to witness it(i was actually the first one to congratulate him) i liked seeing it. im fixing my car and going back next week with the lsd. great pass tho. congrats again

CWiLL said:
congrats on the time. i was there to witness it(i was actually the first one to congratulate him) i liked seeing it. im fixing my car and going back next week with the lsd. great pass tho. congrats again

Yes, so he told me.

Thanx

Awesome times! 1.7 60'!!! Damn. Thats incredible. What tires was he running?

safariMP3 said:
curious, what injectors, any tranny internal upgrades/axles? What EMS

450 cc injectors (eclipse ones), MSP tranny with welded LSD, stock axles, ACT extreme pressure plate and 6 puck disc, Haltech F10X fuel management system.

Back