New MMS Installed

bgwilliams78

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Hey everyone,

Got the new Mazda Mobile Start system installed on the CX today.

Works very nice. I'm happy not to have the additional remote, though I still don't understand why some vehicle companies today don't offer remote starters as a factory installed option.

Price was $641 CDN out the door. This was the first for my dealer to install.

Regards,
Blair

Hey everyone,

Got the new Mazda Mobile Start system installed on the CX today.

Works very nice. I'm happy not to have the additional remote, though I still don't understand why some vehicle companies today don't offer remote starters as a factory installed option.

Price was $641 CDN out the door. This was the first for my dealer to install.

Regards,
Blair

Howdy Blair,

Thanks so much for the Post, I'm really curious to hear about it since I've ordered a new
CX-5 with it installed. I agree about not having another Remote, since even I don't leave
the house without my Phone :)

Please check back in and any info or tips you have I'd love to hear
about them.

Take Care,

CK

I love my MMS in my 2016 CX-5. The only down side, it's does a few minutes to get the engine started.
1) Log into the App.
2) wait up to 1 minute to load.
3) Start engine.
4) wait up to minute to start engine.

So it can take a few minutes to start your car, unlike the fob where you just click a few buttons, and it started.

I love my MMS in my 2016 CX-5. The only down side, it's does a few minutes to get the engine started.
1) Log into the App.
2) wait up to 1 minute to load.
3) Start engine.
4) wait up to minute to start engine.

So it can take a few minutes to start your car, unlike the fob where you just click a few buttons, and it started.

Howdy Cbrich,

Thanks for info, interesting it takes a few mins
to get it going, I guess to get the app up and
connected. Still not bad and like being
able to use my phone, and also knowing if it's started
or not, or being able to shut it off as well. Also, I like the
Alarm Feature, but know the main Fob will do that as well.

So have you been enjoying getting into a Cool Car :)

I think our Summer is finally here, saw where it was going
to be in the 100's next week.

Thanks again for the update, if you have anymore info
or insights please let us know.

Take Care,

CK

out of curiosity for those who have MMS installed, what is the range? (maximum distance between phone to car)

out of curiosity for those who have MMS installed, what is the range? (maximum distance between phone to car)

There should be no range limit since this system uses a cell phone signal, so as long as there is a cell phone signal where you are and where the car is; it should work.

Anyone know what provider they are using? I did some google searching, but didn't get anything. I am guessing ATT.

So have you been enjoying getting into a Cool Car :)

It would take quite a long while for me to consider my car "cool" if it had been sitting in the direct sun. If it's that hot I roll the windows down for the first minute of driving so the heated air is expelled. By that time the air coming out of the A/C is really cold and I roll the windows back up. But without letting the hot air out by driving a ways, I'm afraid it would take a LOT of idling before the inside actually felt cool. But I've never tried it because I like to just get in and drive off. Maybe that's why my MPG is so much better than other AWD owners!

It would take quite a long while for me to consider my car "cool" if it had been sitting in the direct sun. If it's that hot I roll the windows down for the first minute of driving so the heated air is expelled. By that time the air coming out of the A/C is really cold and I roll the windows back up. But without letting the hot air out by driving a ways, I'm afraid it would take a LOT of idling before the inside actually felt cool. But I've never tried it because I like to just get in and drive off. Maybe that's why my MPG is so much better than other AWD owners!

Howdy MikeM,

I have the feeling the weather in NW Washington State isn't quite the same
as here in Texas, where any little head start on getting cooler is a blessing.

Also, Being Cooler when it's 101 doesn't take a lot ;)

Take Care,

CK

Latest posts

Back