New Member Hello

SkyGuy5

:
Mazda 5
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a new member.

Can someone forward me to a past topic where I can investigate Mazda5 tire wear issues?

I have a badly worn rear tire which looks like toe-in issues.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Bump...

Any thoughts on this? Do I have any chance with my Mazda dealer helping out?

I'm looking for hard evidence that proves a factory issue.

Welcome to the forums. You may need to be more specific, like what year your car is for example. After 2007 it seems that it has improved.

Also perform a good search under the threads below. I've been around here for some time and I've not seen a definite answer to be honest. It could be many things going on like: camber, toe, zoom-zoom handling, crappy Toyo tires, rotation, etc.

I.e. I changed tires on my 06 last year because they were horrid after 20k miles, but no irregular wear was noted so (dunno)

5 Rims, Tires, Brakes & Suspension

The '06 / '07 Mazda5's had toeing problems, apparently fixed during the redesign of '08. What year is yours?

Follow the link above, there are substancial discussions on this topic there.

Welcome SkyGuy5,

Please post some pictures of your ride.
Please tell us what you've done to improve your ride.

Enjoy your stay!

Peace!(rei)

Welcome to the forum, SkyGuy5.

Yes, tires are an issue with the 5. OEM Toyos seem to be disliked universally, and the rear tires seem to wear prematurely.

We got our 07' with 18000 km on the clock and it had the stock Toyos on the front and Falkens on the rear. The Falkens were not as worn as the Toyos, but no idea for how long or for what reason they were installed.

I'm embarrassed to say that in my excitement of getting the 5 I never noticed the mismatched tires.

The '06 / '07 Mazda5's had toeing problems, apparently fixed during the redesign of '08. What year is yours?

Follow the link above, there are substancial discussions on this topic there.

Sorry, I've been away for a while. I have an 07' with 25,000 miles. The right rear was more worn than any other tire on the car. The inside pattern is almost gone. The edge is cupped as well...very noisy!

It looks like a toe in issue. You can actually see the rear wheels angle in a bit. That is with the car empty.

@SGT OKINAWA-I have done nothing to the car. I'm not sure pictures will be of any good. The car is a good kid hauler and I I haul samples of cabinets for my sales calls as a cabinet designer. A bit under powererd, but a pretty slick ride for the size.

Last edited:
Heck, SkyGuy, post somer cabinet pics:)

Here you go KBrian.

VR012.jpg

Wow! Where were you when I needed you last year! Beautiful work. Wound up doing my own, but nothing as fancy as yours, and your trip charge to my neighborhood might be a little pricey...

Welcome to the party, good luck with your tire issues. So far so good on my 09 touring with only 8k miles, no unusual wear noted, but it does seem that some earlier models had these issues.

Thanks for the compliments on my cabinet work.

Here is a shot of my tire...a bit blurry though. I noticed the wear once I had the tire rotation done. The noise was apparent for some months before the swap. Do I have a chance with Mazda in getting a free four wheel alignment done?

IMG_0151.jpg

Back