New Mazda6 GT Wagon owner here!

Vavoom

:
Mazda 6 GT Wagon
Hi everyone! I just got my Mazda 6 GT here in Australia about 3 days ago. Now I haven't been on this forum long as I'm a first time Mazda owner but from what I can gather, Americans really love wagons but can't get the 6 in that form so I'm here to tantalise you a little to show you what it looks like ;)
Here in Australia, there are 4 specs to pick from as well as two engines and two body shapes. The lowest to highest of specs is: Sport, Touring, GT and Atenza. The GT gets everything the Atenza gets (leather, xenon lights, sunroof, electric seats) minus the safety features such as radar cruise control, blind spot detection and all that other useless stuff if you're a good driver.
I also chose the diesel engine option because I was really impressed by the take off acceleration it offered. Here in Sydney, there's a lot of start-stop traffic as well as low speed limits which means we're constantly hovering around 50-60km/hr (31-37mph). This, coupled with the fact that Australian cities and towns are quite distant from each other makes me think the diesel was a pretty good choice.
I picked Blue Reflex because I like grey, I like blue and and Blue Reflex seemed to be the best of both worlds. I got the white leather option because it gave the interior a more open feel and having come from a black leather interior it really freshened up my senses.
Finally I got the wagon cause I wanted to carry stuff!
This combination of trims meant that there seemed to only be one in all of New South Wales (according to the dealer). Luckily they managed to secure it and to their credit, I still haven't seen another Wagon in Blue Reflex but then again, the new Mazda 6 just came out here.

That's enough words for now. Onto the pics!
cyqymFb.jpg

W0QrWbk.jpg

chgrNNt.jpg

Beyond jealous, that's almost exactly the car I want... now they just need to bring it across the Pacific.

Don't think I could do a white leather interior though, I've got 110lbs worth of Bernese Mountain Dog right now and plans for another... have to go black interior to hide the fur a bit!

LOVE the wagon version of this car. and you got the right color/engine, too.

Envy, I have a 1st Gen Wagon and I wish they would shipped them to the states!

That's an absolutely gorgeous car and I really like your choices on it, although can't vouch for the light colored leather as I've never owned/even rode in a car with it, you'll have to let us know how it holds up! As jcarroll said, incredibly jealous that you can get that wagon/diesel (actually, make that a wagon at all) combo in Australia and I sincerely hope that it makes its way here (I love the sedan but still think the wagon is even better looking). My brother bought a brand new WRX a little over a year ago and loves it to pieces but maintains that if it becomes available here, he would trade the WRX in for a diesel 6 wagon. I want to see if he stays true to his word! :p
Congrats Vavoom!

Gorgeous! The Mazda6 Wagon isn't sold in the U.S., so I am really jealous right now!

Does it have the manual or automatic?

Nice, thanks for the pics. Hope Mazda gets some of these to the states in about 2 years, which is when my wife and I may be due for new wheels.

My Soul Red 6 Diesel Touring wagon/white leather is ready for pickup tomorrow! Having owned turbo Subaru's I never anticipated a Diesel... until the 6 came along...
Only thing that bothers me somewhat is potential DPF issue..hope the clean diesel tech doesn't give me too much grief.

Hi everyone! I just got my Mazda 6 GT here in Australia about 3 days ago. Now I haven't been on this forum long as I'm a first time Mazda owner but from what I can gather, Americans really love wagons but can't get the 6 in that form so I'm here to tantalise you a little to show you what it looks like ;)
Here in Australia, there are 4 specs to pick from as well as two engines and two body shapes. The lowest to highest of specs is: Sport, Touring, GT and Atenza. The GT gets everything the Atenza gets (leather, xenon lights, sunroof, electric seats) minus the safety features such as radar cruise control, blind spot detection and all that other useless stuff if you're a good driver.
I also chose the diesel engine option because I was really impressed by the take off acceleration it offered. Here in Sydney, there's a lot of start-stop traffic as well as low speed limits which means we're constantly hovering around 50-60km/hr (31-37mph). This, coupled with the fact that Australian cities and towns are quite distant from each other makes me think the diesel was a pretty good choice.
I picked Blue Reflex because I like grey, I like blue and and Blue Reflex seemed to be the best of both worlds. I got the white leather option because it gave the interior a more open feel and having come from a black leather interior it really freshened up my senses.
Finally I got the wagon cause I wanted to carry stuff!
This combination of trims meant that there seemed to only be one in all of New South Wales (according to the dealer). Luckily they managed to secure it and to their credit, I still haven't seen another Wagon in Blue Reflex but then again, the new Mazda 6 just came out here.

That's enough words for now. Onto the pics!
cyqymFb.jpg

W0QrWbk.jpg

chgrNNt.jpg

Mine is like yours, but in a sedan form. Your car is GORGEOUS. If I could, I would have gotten a wagon: need more space.
Love your headlight washers and parking sensors. The former is not available in US, and later is an "accessory", meaning not part of any package

Back