New here, pictures coming soon

Alright so I have owned an '81 Rx7 for about 2 and 1/2 years now and have yet to drive it. I purchased this while I was on active duty and had it sent to a mechanic with the idea that it would be fixed within the year and a half I was gone and ready to drive when I came back.

It has rebuild engine installed (not running due to wiring)
New dashboard installed
New interior NOT installed.
Overall the body is in excellent condition with only one 1/4" dent on the bottom the front left fender. No rust and the paint is easily restoreable.

I am planning to do is take it from the mechanics in about a month and start working on it myself as I am a decent mechanic myself.

I jst need some encouraging pictures to help me get this thing finished. When it is done I will probably be selling it unless I can be convinced otherwise.

dude awesome project, what motor is in it? what active duty? im an active duty army interrogator (used to be field arty) at the language institute...

Matthew said:
dude awesome project, what motor is in it? what active duty? im an active duty army interrogator (used to be field arty) at the language institute...

I simply had an engine from another Rx7 of the same year transplanted. I believe it is a 1.3L (rotary of coarse)

I work in the Army reserve as a 88L or Watercraft Engineer and was activated for 15 months. Started out working on a BD floating crane. Then spent 6 months working as a lifeguard (Ft. Eustis had nothing better to do with me). then Volunteered to be an engineer on a LSV (similar to the small boats used in Saving Private Ryan except could hold three of those on it's deck and both ends have ramps.) I ended up spending the last month at sea aboard this LSV with a small tugboat on deck going from Virginia, through the Panama Canal and up the coast to Tacoma Washington (HOME).

Last edited:
Welcome. I'd show some pics of our fb, but the TII conversion on it has come to a halt and we have sold it so I can go to school.

Can't wait to see pics of yours. :)

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Welcome. I'd show some pics of our fb, but the TII conversion on it has come to a halt and we have sold it so I can go to school.

Can't wait to see pics of yours. :)

I'll be going to the mechanics tomorrow to take pictures. Be warned, they won't be pretty! I will be taking it back to my house in about a month so I can do the rest of the work on it myself.

Back