New guy here!

Only 64K miles!
Wow! That's a score. I have 42,000 on my 16 that was purchased 4/13/2015 and zero problems after 9 years. Just regular maint. Have 52,000 on my 19. The 19 also has had zero problems in 5 years. Cost of ownership is pretty low on both.
This is our 4th Mazda and all have been very reliable.

The plan/hope is that this vehicle will last him a long, long time. We hope to pick it up from the dealer in the next couple days. They repainted the hood due to some light scratches.
I verified the service info that was on the Carfax with the dealer. He bought the car from the original selling dealer, so all of the service records matched up.
With only 64K miles, and him driving ~10-15K/year, I’m hoping that the car will last him longer than he needs. I could see him buying something larger at some point, and hopefully the CX5 lasts until that point.

The plan/hope is that this vehicle will last him a long, long time. We hope to pick it up from the dealer in the next couple days. They repainted the hood due to some light scratches.
As a rule, unless it's really bad, I don't let dealerships touch the paint. Too many bad experiences. Hopefully you get a good result!

Last edited:
As a rule, unless it's really bad, I don't let dealerships touch the paint. Too many bad experiences. Hopefully you get a good result!
Hopefully the dealer has a collision repair shop like mine does, not some guy that comes in once a week and does touch-ups.

Hi all! My son just bought a 2014 CX5 Grand Touring. He found a one owner, clean Carfax, full maintenance history, no accidents vehicle.

I’m glad to be here to learn more about the CX5 and learn from all of you.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can get some.
Welcome and congrats to your son! A very nice find indeed.
Hopefully the dealer has a collision repair shop like mine does, not some guy that comes in once a week and does touch-ups.
My dealer has a guy that comes in once a week to do touch-ups and he is outstanding! He actually started doing it part-time to make extra money and is now in such high demand that he quit his full-time job and goes from dealer to dealer around the area while squeezing in side jobs.

Since my dealer was bought out and the Mazda collision shop was absorbed by another, I would call him before the dealer (had a bad experience with the 'new' collision shop and our CX-50).

I don't know wtf happened, but the paint on our new Miata is in worse shape than our 4,500-mile CX-5. They tried to fix some of it (despite my lobbying against it) and left holograms all over, which required someone more experienced to polish out. Then there are the deep scratches that I can't explain, but won't let them touch. At least we got a decent deal when negotiating price.

Hi all! My son just bought a 2014 CX5 Grand Touring. He found a one owner, clean Carfax, full maintenance history, no accidents vehicle.

I’m glad to be here to learn more about the CX5 and learn from all of you.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can get some.
Welcome aboard, no life preserver required!
It isn't the mileage that'll make yours a good car, its the condition of everything else from not driving it very much. Brittle bushings, dry cracked belts, old brake fluid that may not have been flush at all, acidic coolant that ruins head gaskets if not serviced, and the list of things to check go on. Best wishes and a great find, now do all PM's as if it were new 30,000 KMs ago.

Welcome aboard, no life preserver required!
It isn't the mileage that'll make yours a good car, its the condition of everything else from not driving it very much. Brittle bushings, dry cracked belts, old brake fluid that may not have been flush at all, acidic coolant that ruins head gaskets if not serviced, and the list of things to check go on. Best wishes and a great find, now do all PM's as if it were new 30,000 KMs ago.
I have all the maintenance records since the car was new. The dealer I got the car from is the same one that serviced it.
  • Oil & filter changes & tire rotations every 5,000 miles
  • Coolant changed at 39,000 miles
  • Brake fluid flushed at 30,000 & 60,000 miles
  • Transmission flushed at 57,000 miles
  • New front brakes and pads at 60,000 miles
  • Four wheel alignment at 63,000 miles
I have a feeling that the car was owned by someone who just took it to the dealer for everything and whatever they said it needed, they had it done. I asked the service department to show me the vehicle's history and it's all there, and it matches what shows up on the Carfax.

I have all the maintenance records since the car was new. The dealer I got the car from is the same one that serviced it.
  • Oil & filter changes & tire rotations every 5,000 miles
  • Coolant changed at 39,000 miles
  • Brake fluid flushed at 30,000 & 60,000 miles
  • Transmission flushed at 57,000 miles
  • New front brakes and pads at 60,000 miles
  • Four wheel alignment at 63,000 miles
I have a feeling that the car was owned by someone who just took it to the dealer for everything and whatever they said it needed, they had it done. I asked the service department to show me the vehicle's history and it's all there, and it matches what shows up on the Carfax.
Doesn't sound like dealer upsell, sounds more like a knowlegable owner. He/She could of read about the coolant problems and had it changed earlier to the upgraded coolant. I had mine changed today at the dealer with 52,000 miles. Also had them drain/fill tranny fluid. Sounds like the car was taken care and maintained properly. Your son should get many years of trouble free driving.

More than likely the owner just wanted a new car.

Doesn't sound like dealer upsell, sounds more like a knowlegable owner. He/She could of read about the coolant problems and had it changed earlier to the upgraded coolant. I had mine changed today at the dealer with 52,000 miles. Also had them drain/fill tranny fluid. Sounds like the car was taken care and maintained properly. Your son should get many years of trouble free driving.

More than likely the owner just wanted a new car.
The salesman said they traded it on the CX90. I saw a CX90 in the showroom; it's nice!

Last edited:

Back