New guy from Louisiana

Danielcut

:
2013 Mazda 2 Sport
Hi guys, I figure this is the best place to make my first post. I'm from Lake Charles, LA and I picked up my 2013 2 sport in white this past Tuesday. I was driving an 06 Nissan Frontier and before that an 02 Sentra Spec V. I drive about 60 miles a day to work and back and the truck was killing me on gas mileage. The plan was to trade the truck in Tuesday but Monday night as I was driving home from work it sheared the U joint and dropped the drive shaft. So new plan, we just bought the Mazda and now I'm working on fixing the truck to private sell. Anyway, I'm not sure what my plans are for the 2, I'd like to get an autoX in with it and possibly go from there but our local SCCA recently lost both spots it used for autoX so that may take a while. I'm also interested in some basic intake/exhaust mods, for the MPGs of course ;) Appearance wise I'll probably get some new wheels and a stubby antenna but otherwise leave it alone.

Here's a shot of the 2 about to be driven off the lot.

Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome! There are actually a number of options now for intake and exhaust for the 2. Magnaflow JUST came out with a system that nobody's tried yet so we're still waiting to hear on the verdict there. Otherwise take your pick from racing beat, injen, and corksport (most popular, killer customer service). One mod you might want to look into is the AWR rear motor mount. Super cheap and is legal for street touring class autocross.

Sorry about the truck, that's horrible timing.

Grats on the car! You will love it more than you thought possible for such a tiny car. I would highly recommend anything from Corksport as a go to for your car but injen and racing beat are just as known in the community and you can easily as around.

Thanks for the welcome and advice, guys. So far I'm pretty surprised at how much I love the little car. It's a blast to drive and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to make it even more fun to drive. The truck thing sucks but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of info in here :)

Like peeps said above, there's lots of good places to get parts like Corksport, Racing Beat and Font Motorsports. Enjoy and don't forget to start a build thread :)

Welcome. Check out CorkSport for pretty much everything on your list. Maybe hit up Font Motorsports for wheels. Enjoy the 2. It's a great little car.

Congrats on your new Mazda 2. Nice color choice. :) And sorry about the truck. :(

Thanks for the plug MazdaTwo! In addition to wheels i also sell tires, suspension, body kits. Rare JDM and aftermarket items. Pretty much anything for your Mazda 2.

MAZDA2 - Magnaflow Performance Exhaust - Font Motorsports

Check out these bad boys right here inspiration. LINK

Last edited:
Dude. Thats nuts. I live in Lafayette. I had a Frontier before the 2. Haha crazy. Welcome to the forum! What dealer did you buy it from? Hell, it almost looks like Acadiana Mazda...

It is Acadiana Mazda lol. The Mazda dealer in Lake Charles was an absolute nightmare to work with.

Back