New Guy and Future MS3 Owner

ZoomVT said:
so about 9 1/2 to 10 hours. Thats a little far... dammit!

i dunno if its that far, took me about 7 hours to get to middle-new hampshire and only ~10-11 hours to get to montreal...how far into vermont are you?

Burlington, Vermont is about a 7-8 hr drive... probably 5-6 if you drove the way I do on trips... but 7-8 with normal speed limit driving...

I used to drive to connecticutt all the time and I never realized how much further vermont was...

Sean

Per Steve, all accessories have been installed and they are waiting for the car to be released from port. He still expects it by the end of next week.

I inquired about 17" snow tires, as someone in Canada had their dealer order them along with some 17" steelies. He indicated that they don't recommend 17" wheels, but would be more than happy to order some snow tires to fit the factory rim.

Insurance Guy said:
Per Steve, all accessories have been installed and they are waiting for the car to be released from port. He still expects it by the end of next week.

I inquired about 17" snow tires, as someone in Canada had their dealer order them along with some 17" steelies. He indicated that they don't recommend 17" wheels, but would be more than happy to order some snow tires to fit the factory rim.

yargh, i want it sooner!! yesterday I activated my insurance so that when I go to pick it up I'm all set. The good news there was that my ins. company didnt have the speed3 on the books yet, so im getting the rate of the top of the line 3 HB until they add it in. I asked what the rate was for a speed6 also, but they didnt have that in the books either... very strange but im not complaining.

As far as snow tires, Ive seen ppl with ms6's on 17" steelies, so I may either get a set of them or try and pick up some regular mazda3 or 6 17" wheels and put snows on them instead. As long as they clear the brakes, i really dont mind losing some performance in the winter, especially if im saving $$$

hmmm i didnt realize Delaware was closer. SO say if it takes me in average. 3 hours to get to Bradley Airport in CT; how much fartehr is it from there to get to Delaware?

ZoomVT said:
hmmm i didnt realize Delaware was closer. SO say if it takes me in average. 3 hours to get to Bradley Airport in CT; how much fartehr is it from there to get to Delaware?

Approximately 4 1/2 hours assuming, once again, normal driving. Id say you could cut a good 1 hour off that time if theres no REAL traffic (or read: night) on the roads..

It takes me about 4.5 hours to make it to Atlantic City NJ from Hartford. If you can find a way to avoid NY city, it'll probably save you time and definately save you some frustration.

ETA 10/23!! Per Steve (and Sean), it should arrive anytime between Saturday and Wednesday.

Happy Days!!!!

Talked to one of the guys at the dealership I'm buying from last night. He told me one guy was so impatient he flew to CA to pick up his car at the port this week. That means they are being released but not necessarily leaving the #@*$ port.
Not too much can be done but I'm starting to get really impatient now seeing others are getting theirs from their dealers.

It's in.

I'm picking it up between 6-7pm tonight. The dealership is checking it in & gassing it up now.

Pictures will follow this evening or tomorrow morning.

Insurance Guy said:
I'm picking it up between 6-7pm tonight. The dealership is checking it in & gassing it up now.

Enjoy it! Nothing like the smell of a new car!

jbiird317 said:
good news there chris. I was in with steve on thursday, nailed down a rate of 6.5% through wilmington trust. So with $8000 down, my payments per month are under $350. Part of me almost hopes that the car isnt there til monday because I will be camping in west virginia starting friday afternoon and I really dont want the car sitting there at the dealer all weekend

Man, I feel bad for Jay. His car is in today too, and he's off camping in WV. I'll have to scope it our when I get there tonight to be sure it's okay.

Looks like I'll be (first) with an MS3 in Delaware.

Insurance Guy said:

*grunts in envy*

At least mine's at port.

Insurance Guy said:
Man, I feel bad for Jay. His car is in today too, and he's off camping in WV. I'll have to scope it our when I get there tonight to be sure it's okay.

Looks like I'll be (first) with an MS3 in Delaware.

.... UNFORTUNATELY.... He picked his up and was on his way to camp in WV (in the MS3 (glare) ) at about 3 pm.

so..... you're still a close second!!

BTW after looking at both of your MS3's.... I REALLY REALLY love it... The Hatchback has finally grown on me I think.

Congrats guys I hope you love em....

Sean

Yea, Steve told me he came and got his before he left for WV. I didn't get out of there until about 8pm, did a little driving, had dinner, and then drove home. I'll spend some quality time with her tomorrow & take some pics.

My first impressions are... (omg) . It's really friggin fast. The black looks so nice. The exhaust note is deep but not too droning.

Insurance Guy said:
Yea, Steve told me he came and got his before he left for WV. I didn't get out of there until about 8pm, did a little driving, had dinner, and then drove home. I'll spend some quality time with her tomorrow & take some pics.

My first impressions are... (omg) . It's really friggin fast. The black looks so nice. The exhaust note is deep but not too droning.

let me know how you like it. I rode with Jay and steve when they went to go fill up just to get a feel for the car. AWESOME power, great brakes. Handling - I couldnt tell (straight line driving on 13 isnt really good for that)

Sorry I didnt get a chance to say hi, I was leaving when you got here..

Sean

Back