New Exhaust for Mazdaspeed Proteges

I had it installed. It looks great, sounds great and when I took it on the high way it pulled alot better. I drove it all day w/ no problems...I just got back RIGHT NOW and on my way home I got a CEL.(dunno) I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

Do you know if they rerouted the o2 sensor? I didn't redo mine at first and I threw a cel.

I went out of my way to telll them. I'm gonna have to get underneath and check it out for my self. I was gonna do it myself put i'm a big pussy in colder weather.

I ended up doing a quick fix instead of splicing the wires. Didn't like the idea of cutting into the factory wiring.

Chi you probably got the two black wires reversed. Just switch them around and everthing should be cool.

Na, I was just changing my oil today and I took a look. No rewiring was even done, they put it in the wrong spot. I was just gonna try and do it myself but, they didn't give me back the bag w/ the wires in it. I hope they didn't throw it away!:mad:

I can't wait to get mine installed it just sitting in my room right now. Where does this sensor go that everone is talking about. Are there any other tricks to the install. Someone should do a how to.

P.S I know this is off topic but I love when CHiMSP post because I'm a huge Vida Guerra fan.....And I love those pics.

The Sum of All Fears

RenzoMSP said:
I swear everytime you post. I stare at your sig for like ever.
me too.
ChiMSP said:
Na, I was just changing my oil today and I took a look. No rewiring was even done, they put it in the wrong spot. I was just gonna try and do it myself but, they didn't give me back the bag w/ the wires in it. I hope they didn't throw it away!
And i hope they didnt throw away that baggy with the extension stuff either.
gen1pro said:
I can't wait to get mine installed it just sitting in my room right now. Where does this sensor go that everone is talking about. Are there any other tricks to the install. Someone should do a how to.
It goes into the second bung, the one AFTER the cat, thats the point of the O2 sensor, before the cat wouldn't make any sense.
I have a good how to on the wires at post #631, if you need more PM me and I can give you a detailed walk through with pics if you want

You can use a spark plug non fouler. You need an 18mm and you have to drill out the internal section with a half inch bit so that the o2 sensor will fit inside. Then you screw the non fouler in the bung. There is a post in this section that shows you exactly what to do with pics. I'll try to find it. No this won't screw up your a/f ratio either.

Search this forum and type in spark plug non-fouler. It will tell you everything you need to know and it only costs about $3.

haze20 said:
Search this forum and type in spark plug non-fouler. It will tell you everything you need to know and it only costs about $3.
I think you shouldn't have to do this unless it throws a cel and the wiring was done correctly, right now ChiMSP doesnt have the O2 sensor in the correct bung, and they didn't extend the wiring, after it is rewired and moved there shouldn't be a problem, I am 1k miles with this exhaust on and no cel. I think everybody that has thrown a cel had the wiring wrong or not done at all.

When you do this you don't have to splice into the o2 sensor and move it. I didn't want to extend the o2 sensor so I did this.

I understand that, IMHO I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't eventually throw a cel with that, I am probably wrong, but I think it will.

haze20 said:
Air still gets to the o2 sensor its just not sticking in the exhaust.
yeah but the reason for the O2 sensor behind the cat is to make sure the cat is working and emissions are controlled, all your doing is pulling the sensor a little further out of the pipe, but eventually it will start to pick up the gases in the exhaust that are going to be envolved in the catalyst, its just my theory, i don't have anyway to prove it, except build up over time. just my thoughts, I am sure everything is fine, but I entended my wires.

Back